PDA

View Full Version : Starting Civic Diplomacy

Oisin
02-05-2007, 02:01 AM
I've been sent around to a few different places not being able to get any answers. I'm a Thestran human and I started the C.D. w/ the guard. I got a rumor of trends and a rumor of plots. Someone told me to go to 3 Waters to trade them in. Now am I only supposed to get Blackmail for this quest?

I'm just kind of confused on this and it's been bugging me for a long time now -.-;

Apostle
02-05-2007, 04:34 PM
I've been sent around to a few different places not being able to get any answers. I'm a Thestran human and I started the C.D. w/ the guard. I got a rumor of trends and a rumor of plots. Someone told me to go to 3 Waters to trade them in. Now am I only supposed to get Blackmail for this quest?

I'm just kind of confused on this and it's been bugging me for a long time now -.-;

The tutorial NPC said he needs 2 specific ones (some kind of rumor I believe). While gossiping with the guards or crafters of your choice you will get rewards sometimes for winning the gossip. The tutorial is basically telling you that you can get these kinds of rewards while doing the gossip. You just need to keep getting the rewards until you get two of the specific ones the trainer asks for. It actually took me quite a few wins to get the correct two. I think I had about 20-30 total in my inventory before I got the right ones..just luck of the draw really which you ge.

The point though is that you can collect these rewards. Then, in stacks of 10 you can turn them in for rewards. The lower level turn ins (the crude ones) do not give a lot, but every once in a while you can get lucky and get something usable. Mainly you just get vendor trash for the crudes though.

Later on, you can turn in more valuable ones to get better equipment and clothing and such.

Estar87
02-05-2007, 04:45 PM
The loot rewards from civil diplomacy were changed after civil diplomacy trainers were put in. Hersay of blackamil ive gotten mostly from interviews. Also you don not only have to talk to crafters or soliders anyone will give it to you.