PDA

View Full Version : If Life Were Like an MMO...

Labyrrinth
02-05-2007, 11:28 AM
This comic (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20070205) from Ctrl+Alt+Del says it all.

Darkmoore
02-05-2007, 11:34 AM
That was beautiful.

/wipetear

Nitrius
02-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Hahaha, great one!

DruidFire
02-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Haha, so funny :D

Anach
02-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Haha, so funny :D

Reminds me. Yesterday someone /shouts. "Where can i grind my level 11".

Well the obvious answer would be.. On higher level MOBs, of which there are LOADS nearby with very fast spawns (Like most in this game).

Then he goes on.. "Where can I find higher levels"..

Go for a freaking walk man....

"WTS level 4 no stat really common gloves... PST"

Faite
02-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Reminds me. Yesterday someone /shouts. "Where can i grind my level 11".

Well the obvious answer would be.. On higher level MOBs, of which there are LOADS nearby with very fast spawns (Like most in this game).

Then he goes on.. "Where can I find higher levels"..

Go for a freaking walk man....

"WTS level 4 no stat really common gloves... PST"

Best thing to do for the rest of us is to ignore them, I hate listening to the guy asking the question then the inevitable people who reply with 'just look you newb"

why don't people just IGNORE it heh. Thats what I do when I think someone asks a silly question .

SixStar
02-05-2007, 04:15 PM
why don't people just IGNORE it heh. Thats what I do when I think someone asks a silly question .

Why don't people just answer their question?

Navid
02-05-2007, 05:35 PM

that thought crossed mine once, aa few MMO's ago..

so i brought it on my self to answer all those dumb questions, yeck I even got a few others to do it as well. You know what happend 2 things. 1. I became really popular on my server and 2. People asked a lot more stupid qestions,, and didnt take the time to just look around 3mins loger. After a while I just couldnt do it any more.

I still answer noobs questions, when its a good question, or i can tell they have been trying for 10 -15 mins.

Matuse
02-05-2007, 08:17 PM
I read C-A-D all the time, but it's been quite a while since it made me laugh like that one did.

Doesn't even need to mention it, but that whole sequence just screams Vanguard opening days.

Vryce
02-05-2007, 09:08 PM

The same reason you don't feed the birds at an outdoor restaurant. Same reason no one wants a "feed the homeless" shelter in their neighborhood. Same reason I don't reply to anything john5414 says.

For each question you answer, 10 more will fly in. Eventually you'll be so swarmed with questions you simply won't be able to play the game.

I broke down the other day and answered a bad question. Here's how it went:

"Where's the bard trainer?" says new guy.

"Ask a guard. They'll lead you to one and many other things." says I, feeling good about helping a poor lost soul.

"WTF man why wont you answer?" is the tell I get in reply.

"I did" I reply.

"The vg community sucks ballz cant even answer a simple question" n00b shouts to himself.

Yeah...I'm gonna do that again.

Eburk
02-05-2007, 09:39 PM
I think answering questions is fine; it's when the person becomes dependent upon you that things are taken to an extreme and I begin to become annoyed :)

MaintainerZero
02-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Ctrl Alt Del is one of the best online comics...this one is just another example of how great they are over there.

SixStar
02-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Here's how it could've went.

"By that big tree in the middle of town

"ohhh, ok thanks man" is the tell I get in reply.

"You know next time you can just ask a guard. They'll lead you to one and many other things." says I, feeling good about helping a poor lost soul.

"ok, thanks a lot man

look at that u helped a noobbb and made a friend. That works a lot better than sayinggg Ask the guard you ****ing idiot or how about u read the manual this game isn;t for wow kiddies hahaha we don't want ur kind here go back to wow, u r a nub this game 4 core player u obviously not core!

noone wants to hear that kind of shit when they ask a simple question

Vryce
02-06-2007, 03:33 AM

"You know next time you can just ask a guard. They'll lead you to one and many other things." says I, feeling good about helping a poor lost soul.

"ok, thanks a lot man

look at that u helped a noobbb and made a friend. That works a lot better than sayinggg Ask the guard you ****ing idiot or how about u read the manual this game isn;t for wow kiddies hahaha we don't want ur kind here go back to wow, u r a nub this game 4 core player u obviously not core!

I probably would have if I knew where the bard trainer was. I would have told him I didn't know, except he ripped into me for giving him the information I did know.

As I said...unless I have the exact answer to spoon feed someone, I'm not going to bother saying a word.

BTW...I simply informed him that he could ask a guard. I didn't call him a n00b or tell him to play WoW or anything of that sort. I gave him the way I knew to get the answer quickly and easily.

Darsa
02-16-2007, 12:28 PM

"ok, thanks a lot man

I totally agree with this; it makes me crazy when people are jerks about a simple question, which should really be looked at as an educational opportunity! :)

Conversely, I'm often sitting next to my husband as he ticks away on his keyboard, on and on and on... I peek over and he's helping people who have become so dependent on him, and he's too nice to tell them that they really need to start standing on their own two feet :rolleyes: I think he gets that from me ;)

rikestard
02-22-2007, 03:38 PM
This comic (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20070205) from Ctrl+Alt+Del says it all.

"can i have your stuff"
someone always says that
/roflcakes

Sadres
02-25-2007, 05:40 PM
If life were like an MMO, I'd play for 3 years, be annoyed with my lack of progress, and quit. :(