PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Diplomacy/Prestige

Bojanglez
02-05-2007, 04:00 PM
hey guys

sorry if this has been asked/answered, but i couldn't find any info on it -

1. how do i actually earn prestige in order to be able to engage in some of the CD quests? I have items that boost (for example) my soldier prestige, but how do i raise this myself so i can do more of the quests? or am I just reliant on my items?

2. some CD parleys start with my char having 15 points and my opponent having 8 - is there some way to change this, or is this based on my skill vs his, or something else? or is this just a function of that chat, showing how entrenched in his position he/she is?

thanks in advance!

Apostle
02-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Both your Diplomatic Skill rating as well as any prestiege levels can be raised through use.

Example: If you have a 0 natural crafter prestiege, but have clothing that gives you +5, you are able to enter into parley with one of the low level crafters. Durring your gossip sessions, you will have a small chance to raise your basic crafter prestige to 1 (which would give you an effective rating of 6 with your clothing). You ALSO will have a chance to raise your diplomatic skill, provided it is in range of your target NPC. So, in essence it is possible to win a parley and gain both a prestige hit and a diplomacy skill hit.

If you have a 250 skill and are gossiping with an NPC with a 50 diplomatic skill, I doubt you would level your diplo skill much :D

Minwanabi
02-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Actually - and I don't mean to hijack the thread here - I had a question about leveling your diplo skill. Mine's currently 51, and if I wanted to level it, should I try (and fail, at times) against NPCs with 100 skill, or just grind out against NPCs with 50? Is there a rule about what kind of difference we should look for in our civic diplo to level our skill?