PDA

View Full Version : Warden of the Sun - CB

tzakiel
02-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Is anyone else doing the diplomacy quests in CB where you eventually have to talk to the warden of the sun and find out if you passed the trials?

She is 30 skill and I have around 32 skill but none of my cards seem to match up to beat her. Whatever I lack, she has and whatever I have she doesn't fuel.

Strategies? I'm a wood elf bard. I somehow seem to be missing a card or two I got from a quest.

Parallax
02-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Well I'm not sure what to say about a strat since I dont know your cards or your opponents but I can say that sometimes you will recieve a card in your inventory and you have to click on it to get it in your deck. I know I misssed that at first.

Ayradyss
03-01-2007, 05:28 PM
I've got this same problem. I have no idea what to do. If anyone has already beaten her and could pass on the strategy they used, I'd be keenly interested. I don't even know that there's a way to formulate a specific strategy. It's more like a case where there must be some kind of 'trick' to it.

The reason I say this is she simply doesn't seem to have a fixed strategy of her own. No matter what changes I make to my hand, she always 'reads' which cards I have and changes what she uses so that I can never get any useful expression. If I change my cards based on the last failed parley, she changes hers and once again my cards are useless. Every time.

It's also very difficult to deny her expression, as most of the cards she employs cost her no expression, give only one point of expression to me (never a color I need) and move the influence marker at least 2 spaces. She doesn't seem to NEED any expression to win.

Totally at a loss here.

Evalissa
03-02-2007, 12:22 AM
Hmm, I beat her last night with no trouble iirc, may of restaretd it once.

I cant remember what setup she had, and what if any type of exsperession was blocked but here is my setup for my woodelf:

Frank Discussion: 0 influance, 0 cost, 2 demand
Blunt Evaluation: 0 Influance, 0 cost, 2 demand, 1 inspire
Loud Critisisam: 3 Influance. 2 inspire cost, 0 recieved
Elven Imperitive: 5 influance, 4 demand cost, 0 recieved

Last slot changes depending on the parley, but is one of the following:

Itemised comparison: 3 influance, 2 reason cost, 0 recieved
Entising Whisper: 3 influance, 2 flatter cost, 0 recieved
and the one i normaly keep in my hand:
Resolution: 5 influance, 1 flatter. 1 inspire, 1 demand cost, 0 recieved

The way i do it is open with Blunt Evaluation, and then next tern use Loud Crit. (I have gloves that let me start with 1 inspire, as shoudl all Woodelves) then Frank discusion and elven Imperitive. throw in one of the spare 3 as soo nas it is avalible and repeat.

let me know what exspression is blocked and ill proberly be able to tell you how i played it