PDA

View Full Version : Civic Diplomacy Quests.. Where?

Hitman8514
02-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Hi all, I have a diplomacy skill of 76 which I have gotten by repeatedly parleying the guards at Lomshir. Is there anything else to do besides this in civic diplomacy? Honestly the levers aren't all that worth it, like the reason I spend hours doing diplomacy is not so I can give everyone in town a +5 to artificing buff. I've heard of Civic Diplomacy quests, in fact the patch said they added them to Dark Horse. I've asked in chat and noone knows. Do any of you know where I can find diplomacy quests in Qalia after I finished the whole noob quest line and the civic diplomacy tutorial. Thank you so much in advance!

WallaWalla
02-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Hi all, I have a diplomacy skill of 76 which I have gotten by repeatedly parleying the guards at Lomshir. Is there anything else to do besides this in civic diplomacy? Honestly the levers aren't all that worth it, like the reason I spend hours doing diplomacy is not so I can give everyone in town a +5 to artificing buff. I've heard of Civic Diplomacy quests, in fact the patch said they added them to Dark Horse. I've asked in chat and noone knows. Do any of you know where I can find diplomacy quests in Qalia after I finished the whole noob quest line and the civic diplomacy tutorial. Thank you so much in advance!

There was one in tursh...but you needed 75 domestic presence or something...which I dont have..

Baseline
02-07-2007, 08:58 PM
I'd like to know a little more about where to go during civic diplomacy as well. As for now, I'm just grinding it up parleying with the NPC's in my home city of Leth Nurae. I'm at 65 Diplomacy right now, but I have no clue what the goal here is, or what other NPC's I'm supposed to talk to for quests to advance my diplomacy and diplomacy gear.

jtoast
02-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I'd like to know a little more about where to go during civic diplomacy as well. As for now, I'm just grinding it up parleying with the NPC's in my home city of Leth Nurae. I'm at 65 Diplomacy right now, but I have no clue what the goal here is, or what other NPC's I'm supposed to talk to for quests to advance my diplomacy and diplomacy gear.

I was given a Civic Diplomacy quest tonight by an NPC in the Gnome City (Starts with M...cant remember the name of it.) I am only up to about 55 in Diplomacy so it doesn't take much to start it.

Had to log off right after I got the Quests (were 2 from the same NPC) so I haven't had time to see how difficult they are.

Vesnik
02-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Id like to know the same. The only Civic Diplomacy I've seen is the Civic Diplomacy instructor in Halgarad (Varanjar is what I am), who is a bit buggy I might add. He teaches you about Civic Diplomacy and you do a couple quests in the process and that's it. Then it's like that's all, no more quests in your city and you just have to basically run around till you find more. I've found some at Three Rivers level 60 but need like 25-50 Academic and Domestic presence to do them, which i don't have.

So basically I have to parley with the same guards 100 times to gain levels/information to trade in for Crude information till i get even higher to parley with yet another 100 of them to get higher level information that probably wont even give me the clothes with the right/high enough stats I need to parley with the other quests my level around the continent.

Doesn't seem well thought out.

Estar87
02-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Id like to know the same. The only Civic Diplomacy I've seen is the Civic Diplomacy instructor in Halgarad (Varanjar is what I am), who is a bit buggy I might add. He teaches you about Civic Diplomacy and you do a couple quests in the process and that's it. Then it's like that's all, no more quests in your city and you just have to basically run around till you find more. I've found some at Three Rivers level 60 but need like 25-50 Academic and Domestic presence to do them, which i don't have.

So basically I have to parley with the same guards 100 times to gain levels/information to trade in for Crude information till i get even higher to parley with yet another 100 of them to get higher level information that probably wont even give me the clothes with the right/high enough stats I need to parley with the other quests my level around the continent.

Doesn't seem well thought out.

Ya took me to 111 Diplo skill to get 50 noble presnce from items and grinding nobles to do a quest that the person had 50 skill. luckily the next quest in the quest line asked for 50 outsider presnce and i already had 46

Hitman8514
02-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Does anyone know of any quests that Evil side can do (i'm on varking) in qalia? If anyone has seen a quest in Hathor Zi, Lomshir, Dark Horse, or any of the beacons please please let me know...

snurckle
02-08-2007, 04:15 PM
I started the Civic Diplomacy Tutorial last night. I beat every Parlay, 5 times over and if felt like I was running in circles with the NPC. (Leth Nurae...or however you spell the city) That had to be the most confusing tutorial I have ever came across.

Also, you will get a septor when you do it that will add +10 Nobility Precense. I don't remember needing +75 or anything like that.

To be honest, I like the Parlay's, but the quest can be very confusing. I'm stuck on one right now, that I cannot for othe life of me find the NPC's. Something about talking to Dragoon, and a couple others that are arguing. I can't remember the name, but finding the people is starting to bore me. Wish there was a better way to set waypoints in game.

Mentin
02-13-2007, 04:24 AM
The starting diplomacy experience at the moment seems to go like this:
1. Do the newbie stuff + horse to skill 50'ish.
2. Grind Civic to get enough presence to start doing diplomacy quests. The first quests needs 25 presence, next level needs 50.
3. Once you have enough presence do dip quests for the occasional nice reward like new cards.
4. Keep doing this to skill 200, where you enter the writs game.

Currently I know of 3-4 dip quests in Three Rivers. Sigil posted Tawar Galan was getting dip quest love next, then Dark Horse Track, then Veksals Exchange. Hmm, probably Neamsog bunker was on list too?

Anyways, it seems dip quests are going in, but you will have to do some travelling to get them all.

One Three Rivers quest needs 25 academic and 25 domestic, another needs 50 domestic.

troldan
02-13-2007, 01:54 PM
ya except domestic grind gave me crafting lol

Absalon
02-13-2007, 02:29 PM
In game, join the diplomacy channel by typing /join dip

That is the best way to find answers to diplomacy questions.

You can find a list of post-newbie quests here:

http://www.vgtact.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=727