PDA

View Full Version : Tough Decisions

Thallion
02-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Is there some kind of method to the madness of parleying over and over and over again with these daned soldiers? I went back to leth Nurae to talk to the queen and she said go talk to captain laneil but didnt provide a waypoint, so after wandering around LN aimlessly trying to find the captain i went back and talked to the soldiers and parleyed again and agian hoping to bring some kind of end to this insanity lol, what am I doing wrong?

Revolver Koala
02-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Is it the quest you get from the diplomacy trainer where you just go parley with soldiers? If it's that, it just goes on until you hit 40 skill; it's for getting your diplomacy skill up quickly. I strongly advise doing the regular diplomacy quest line if this is your first character of that race; it takes longer, but the end result is the same, and it's much more interesting.

Venjenz
02-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Is it the quest you get from the diplomacy trainer where you just go parley with soldiers? If it's that, it just goes on until you hit 40 skill; it's for getting your diplomacy skill up quickly. I strongly advise doing the regular diplomacy quest line if this is your first character of that race; it takes longer, but the end result is the same, and it's much more interesting.
Bordinar's Cleft has same thing. You can go to Themwar's Shield and parlay the soldeirs endlessly, or you can go to the Cleft and run around the city.

As with all things Diplomacy, both avenues will likely present that one opponent who has the unbeatable deck. For us dwarves, both avenues have one NPC that are really hard to beat.

Mirra
02-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Bordinar's Cleft has same thing. You can go to Themwar's Shield and parlay the soldeirs endlessly, or you can go to the Cleft and run around the city.

As with all things Diplomacy, both avenues will likely present that one opponent who has the unbeatable deck. For us dwarves, both avenues have one NPC that are really hard to beat.

If you are coming out of the palace, captain Laenil is over to the right, past the diplomacy trainer and across the water. :)