PDA

View Full Version : I need a LOT of presence

J Hoyt
02-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Is there like a diplomacy vendor or something somewhere? All that's on the market is shirts and pants that cost 4 to 8 silver. I only have like 12 saved up and that took me a while. How can I progress in quests when I still need a TON of presence?

Vyvian Vycious
02-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Is there like a diplomacy vendor or something somewhere? All that's on the market is shirts and pants that cost 4 to 8 silver. I only have like 12 saved up and that took me a while. How can I progress in quests when I still need a TON of presence?

You need to do the Civic Diplomacy parleys. From winning these parleys, you get the Heresay, Rumor and Evidence items pertaining to Blackmail, Plots, Trends and Arcana. Once you have enough of each, seems to be 7, you can go to one of the NPC's that have a correlating type under their name. Trade in the items to gain stat items for diplomacy.

The beginning parleys are the lowest level and the gear from there is ok, but nothing great. I don't have enough items yet from the 125 and up NPC's to comment on the rewards for those.

Anyway, just keep parleying and gain your items. I have so much diplomacy stuff now of low level it's disgusting!

Good luck!

J Hoyt
02-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Oh wow, sounds great. Ok I've found a bunch of NPCs that say something like

"Yo I deal in blackmail hearsay. Let me know when you have something to trade."
"Farewell"

What am I missing? Farewell is my only option.

Apostle
02-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Oh wow, sounds great. Ok I've found a bunch of NPCs that say something like

"Yo I deal in blackmail hearsay. Let me know when you have something to trade."
"Farewell"

What am I missing? Farewell is my only option.

You will only get an option to turn in the stuff if you have enough in your inventory. I believe they are traded in stacks of 10. Correct me here if I am wrong, but I believe there was a bug earlier that made the requirment to turn in at 10, but the vendor only took 7 away from your inventory, and this has since been changed. (like I said, correct me if Im wrong)

Apostolos

ChrisFish
02-09-2007, 02:04 PM
You will only get an option to turn in the stuff if you have enough in your inventory. I believe they are traded in stacks of 10. Correct me here if I am wrong, but I believe there was a bug earlier that made the requirment to turn in at 10, but the vendor only took 7 away from your inventory, and this has since been changed. (like I said, correct me if Im wrong)

Apostolos

It appears that you need a stack of 10 in order to get him to talk to you, but he takes less depending on the quality of the information. So 7 for Hearsay, 5 for Rumor and 3 (i think) for Evidence.

Which sucks, because if you have 10 rumor and you turn in 5, he gives you something and then won't talk to you anymore. Just says "I need 5 rumor".
I HAVE 5 rumors, you dolt!

I /bugged it.

J Hoyt
02-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Excellent. Thank you very much for the help. This will get me out of my rut, I hope!

dhakkel
02-09-2007, 03:27 PM
What are some good NPCs to get your skills up on? I finished the quest line from Khal, but can't do anything else because all the NPCs have skills of like 100-225 and my skill is around 50 :(

ChrisFish
02-09-2007, 03:44 PM
What are some good NPCs to get your skills up on? I finished the quest line from Khal, but can't do anything else because all the NPCs have skills of like 100-225 and my skill is around 50 :(

Go outside of town and look for guards at small areas.
My experience is only with Hathor Zhi currently. I do civic dimplomacy with the guards standing on the great wall outside of town. They have some 50s, 75s, and 100s.
I have gone from 42 to 70 there so far. Plus my deck is really good for gossip against guards :D

Mirra
02-09-2007, 03:45 PM

NPC that are good for you will really vary. What will be easy for you will be difficult for another race and so on. You cannot parley with anyone more than 50 levels above you, so if you are skill 40-50 look for level 50-75 NPCs. If you find they are too tough, try a few different strategies and if you can't beat them, move on to either a different class or a different area. Once you can find a nice area of 2-3 NPCs that you can beat, grind away. The higher your skill is the more points you have. Also, the more you "grind" the more information you get. That information you collect can be turned in once you have a stack of 10. They give you items and new diplomacy gear.

Melios
02-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Are there any academics in Hathor Zhi/Lomshir?

Absalon
02-12-2007, 03:05 PM

Here is a list of all the NPCs in Khal:

http://www.vgtact.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=792

Beward of the low level academics in the Primal Conclave though. They all move around and are bugged in that they will move in the middle of a parley, causing you to lose the parley if they go out of range.

Absalon
02-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Are there any academics in Hathor Zhi/Lomshir?

There are academics in Lomshir and many in Khal.

Mithrull
02-12-2007, 07:02 PM