PDA

View Full Version : Nighthunter Yikort - impossible?

dhakkel
02-09-2007, 12:30 PM
I am trying to do the Vulmare diplomacy quest line and have gotten stuck. I have to gather evidence from a bunch of people, for the 2nd time, and Nighthunter Yikort is completely impossible. His arsenal seems to contain purely comment cards, and it is just not possible to keep up with the constant 2/3 influence gains every turn with the noob card setup. His skill matches mine, which should be easy, but neither I nor a bunch of people trying to do it can beat him.

So yeah, what gives, and any ideas on other forums I should post this on?

Slyde_Rule
02-09-2007, 02:24 PM
I did that quest a while back and was stuck on the Spiritragers until they were fixed. I don't remember Yikort being too hard, but maybe his cards were 'adjusted' too.

With some of those parleys you just have to watch closely the cards they play, and what they are 'feeding' you, and adjust accordingly. I think I had the Resolution card by then, which helped a lot. If you don't have that card yet, you should do that quest first (don't remember who gives it - pretty sure it was in Dahknarg).

dhakkel
02-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I forgot to mention, he doesn't feed you. 3/5 of his cards are .. uh.. the green one, and would be feeding you tons of green, but of course green is banned in this instance. That's what makes it impossible.

So yeah, suggestions on how I should inform devs about this? :(

Slyde_Rule
02-09-2007, 05:33 PM
That's why the Resolution card is important in that parley. It is a 5-pointer thats only costs 1 red, blue, and yellow (no green). Make sure you get it and use it.

wire
02-13-2007, 07:50 PM
That's why the Resolution card is important in that parley. It is a 5-pointer thats only costs 1 red, blue, and yellow (no green). Make sure you get it and use it.

Where do you get the Resolution card? I'm up to this quest and have one other diplo quest given by the main diplomacy guy but the reward isn't this card and the quest seems like it's jumping ahead of the current quest involving Nighthunter Yikort.

Seems kind of odd you get another quest that has you trying to stop what the guilty assistant is doing before you can actually prove the assistant is guilty.

Slyde_Rule
02-13-2007, 08:47 PM
I forget who gives the quest for the resolution card - I think it might be the original Dip trainer in Dahknarg.

I was having trouble with Yikort and someone told me about the Resolution card.

It is odd that during the newbie progression of quests you have to go off and do a separate quest in order to complete this one.

On another subject, I used to know a guy named "Wire" who played Total Annihilation:Kingdoms. Was that you ?

wire
02-14-2007, 12:57 PM
On another subject, I used to know a guy named "Wire" who played Total Annihilation:Kingdoms. Was that you ?

Nah...have never played TA:K...this is a handle I've used on gaming forums in the past when available. It's a play on my last name.

Regarding the quest...I found a card setup someone posted on another forum and it worked first time for me.

Snippet of Wisdom
Blunt Evaluation
Loud Criticism
Aggressive Statement
Flurry of Arguments

You don't get the Resolution card until after you complete the entire Grurok quest line.