PDA

View Full Version : what is the skill diplomacy

morabil
02-09-2007, 02:33 PM
can someone tell me how is working the skill diplomacy ?
attention, i'm not asking how to do diplo. i am asking : in what the skill (the number, ie i have a skill of 20 diplomacy) diplomacy is influencing the game. concretely, mathematicaly.
thank you

antiframe
02-09-2007, 04:27 PM
can someone tell me how is working the skill diplomacy ?
attention, i'm not asking how to do diplo. i am asking : in what the skill (the number, ie i have a skill of 20 diplomacy) diplomacy is influencing the game. concretely, mathematicaly.
thank you
Diplomacy skill has two effects that I am aware of.

First, for every 100 points of diplomacy skill, you get an additional card slot in your strategy that you can utilize. So, at 100 skill you can have six cards in your strategy, at 200 you can have seven, and so on up to ten cards at 500 skill.

Second, the difference in your skill and your opponent's skill determines the number of dialog points they begin with. The number of dialog points you begin with is set at the number of lines in the dialog. The opponents starting dialog points are one more than yours for each five diplomacy skill that you are higher than them, up to a maximum of twice the number of lines in the dialog. The opponents starting dialog points are one less for each five diplomacy skill that you are lower than them.

The formula is:

[LoD] + (([PC] - [NPC]) / 5)

Where:

LoD - Lines of dialog
PC - Your diplomacy skill
NPC - Targets diplomacy skill (the number in parenthesis by the parley option)

The division is integer division, but I do not have enough data on the rounding used.

Hope this helps.

Mirra
02-09-2007, 04:47 PM
Yep. :)

Also, to add to that. The presence skills that you earn for each class determine which quests you can get as well as how fast you can push the levers up in each city. The levers give people special buffs, etc. For example, I have a very high academic presence. I can push a lever up in Leth Nurae after only 10 parleys compared to the 40 parleys it took me when I first started.

morabil
02-09-2007, 04:57 PM
thank you both for your excellents answers, i appreciate a lot, it's clear, precise, and fast :)
thank you thank you thank you :) i can enjoy more the joys of diplo now:)