PDA

View Full Version : Diplomacy center

Kanis
02-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Maybe a stupid question, maybe not. I've been working on my civic diplomacy for a while now (currently at 76) and have been turning in my information to the brokers when i get a full stack of 20 (so i can get two items instead of 1 for a stack of 10) and some of the items i have need to be turned in at diplomatic centers for a gain in presence.

My problem is that i have not been able to find any centers, specifically in Thestra. Does anyone have any clue as to what a diplomatic center is? I know of diplomacy focus areas in cities/villages, but diplomacy centers are confusing me.

Any help is appreciated.

Mirra
02-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Maybe a stupid question, maybe not. I've been working on my civic diplomacy for a while now (currently at 76) and have been turning in my information to the brokers when i get a full stack of 20 (so i can get two items instead of 1 for a stack of 10) and some of the items i have need to be turned in at diplomatic centers for a gain in presence.

My problem is that i have not been able to find any centers, specifically in Thestra. Does anyone have any clue as to what a diplomatic center is? I know of diplomacy focus areas in cities/villages, but diplomacy centers are confusing me.

Any help is appreciated.

There are 9 major diplomacy centers. I can't remember which cities the 9 are, but the baubles will work in them. The diplomatic centers are the same ones you are thinking of. But for example, Tursh is not one of the 9 major ones. I know that Bordiner's Cleft and Leth Nurae are on Thestra so you can at least use them there.

Kanis
02-09-2007, 07:46 PM
So smaller cities/villages are the diplomatic centers? I would have figured that New Taragon would have been the diplomatic center. Anyone else with any information on these centers?

Melios
02-09-2007, 08:12 PM
The "centers" you speak of are Focus Points. They look like big billboards.

Mirra
02-09-2007, 09:02 PM
It's the lategr cities. ;)

Kanis
02-10-2007, 11:29 AM
so diplomatic centers = focus points i guess i'll start my world of exploration then and see how many of these i can locate.

thanks much for the help.

cheers mates

Mirra
02-10-2007, 12:41 PM
so diplomatic centers = focus points i guess i'll start my world of exploration then and see how many of these i can locate.

thanks much for the help.

cheers mates

Yes, but not ALL of them. Only the 9 biggest ones. I know Leth Nurae, Bordiner's Cleft, Cail Breal, and Kahl have them for sure. The other 5 I am unsure of.

Vyvian Vycious
02-10-2007, 12:51 PM
What I can tell you is that I have yet to find one of these "centers" in Martok or anywhere in the Goblin/Orc beginning continent.

Paull
02-10-2007, 11:44 PM
There's one in Martok right next to the civic diplomacy tutorial guy. It's the large brown wooden cylinder that you can't do anything with yet. Its function hasn't been patched in.

Kanis
02-12-2007, 10:13 AM
So I 'think' I have found the diplomatic center in Leth Nurae. Big round wooden 'bulletin board' that looks almost identical to the missive boards that you find in Renton Keep and Three Rivers. My problem is that I cannot use my Prestigious Baubles on it for the added points to presence. I tried to right click the center, right click the bauble, drag and drop (which prompts you with a lovely delete window), and anything else I could think of to get these items to work.

Does anyone know how these presence items work in conjunction with the diplomatic centers?

Mirra
02-12-2007, 01:17 PM
So I 'think' I have found the diplomatic center in Leth Nurae. Big round wooden 'bulletin board' that looks almost identical to the missive boards that you find in Renton Keep and Three Rivers. My problem is that I cannot use my Prestigious Baubles on it for the added points to presence. I tried to right click the center, right click the bauble, drag and drop (which prompts you with a lovely delete window), and anything else I could think of to get these items to work.

Does anyone know how these presence items work in conjunction with the diplomatic centers?

Okay, Leth Nurae IS one of the 9 major centers, but the baubles were not working there even though they were supposed to. I am sorry, I would have mentioned that but I thought they had fixed Leth Nurae. I guess not. Ugh. /bug it in game so they know.

They WILL work in Bordiner's Cleft which is where I used mine.

Kanis
02-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the info Mirra. Guess I need to get those dirty dirty dorfs to stop wanting to put me on a leash and take me for a walk down pain avenue. (Vulmane + BC = KoS :) )

Mirra
02-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Okay, got the list from someone on VGtact. These SHOULD be the 9 major centers where the baubles can be used.

Pankor Zhi
Khal
Ahgram

Bordinar's Cleft
Leth Nurae
New Targonor

Martok
Ca'ial Brael
Tanvu

Kanis
02-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Cheers mate. That's some helpful info there. Many a guildie will be happy to see that.

Phaethor
02-13-2007, 06:52 PM
Okay, got the list from someone on VGtact. These SHOULD be the 9 major centers where the baubles can be used.

Pankor Zhi
Khal
Ahgram

Bordinar's Cleft
Leth Nurae
New Targonor

Martok
Ca'ial Brael
Tanvu

Man, for all the work that is supposedly going into Diplomacy, it doesn't appear much Thought is going along with that...

I'm just talking from the Vulmane point of view... On the Entire Continent that we start the two cities with Diplomacy Centers are instant KOS to Vulmane.

I'm sure that it's not only limited to Vulmane.

Phae

Absalon
02-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Man, for all the work that is supposedly going into Diplomacy, it doesn't appear much Thought is going along with that...

I'm just talking from the Vulmane point of view... On the Entire Continent that we start the two cities with Diplomacy Centers are instant KOS to Vulmane.

I'm sure that it's not only limited to Vulmane.

Phae

I'm a goblin and started out KoS in Tanvu and Ca'ial Brael. There are mobs though that give faction increases for both cities, so that helped. And with the lowering of the faction requirements from 500 to 200, it's not really a big deal.

I'm sure a lot of thought went in to which cities are prestige centers and which races were KoS to each other. That's why Lomshir gives Pankor Zhi prestige instead of Khal prestige, and why Halgarad gives Leth Nurae prestige. The fact that you are KoS in 2 of the 3 cities on your continent is not because of a lack of planning, just the opposite.