Patch Notes (corrected version) Build 1780c Mar. 19, 2007
Vanguard Build 1780c Patch Notes 3/19/2007 - the corrected version!
- The Khal teleport-in location has moved off the docks. The teleport-out location has not changed.
- Ranged damage over time abilities had a bug causing them do almost no damage. This has been fixed.
- A rounding bug with ability tooltips was found and fixed. This was causing some abilities to display in the tooltip as doing less damage than was done with the actual ability.
- Damage numbers in ranged attack tooltips now show the value properly scaled by your dexterity.
- Repair Bots will now despawn after 2 minutes
- Food once again restores health. You no longer need to sit before you eat to gain this benefit.
- Phoenixes should once again fight back
- Cleric, Necromancer, Psionicist and Sorcerer – Added indication to your invisibility abilities that states they have a chance to break early.
- Blood Mage – Mortal Calling is now out of combat only
- Disciple – Essence Thief has had its damage increased
- Disciple – Astral Walk is now out of combat only.
- Dread Knight - Scythe of Doom has had its damage increased
- Monk - Iron Hand has had a significant damage increase.
- Monk - Secret of Flames has had a significant damage increase and the chance to land a bonus fire DoT has been increased.
- Monk - Secret of Ice has had its chance to freeze increased and the freeze duration increased. This freeze prevents the target from moving or attacking and does not break on hit.
- Monk – Storm Stride will no longer attack your opponent from a distance when used outside of combat. It will actually transport you.
- Monk – the following abilities have had their damage increased:
Sundering Dragon Claw
Three Finger Strike
Trapping Mantis Claw
Steal the Wind
- Necromancer – Removed the duplicate auto attack. Depending on which auto attack you had, you may have to visit your trainer and retrain auto attack.
- Necromancer – Heart of the Overlord no longer removes hit points from the necromancer that owns the abomination with it equipped. This will prevent death loops if you do not have enough hit points to cover the debuff. (This is a temporary fix until we adjust the heart graft slot further).
- Necromancer – Fist and claw DoTs should now stack with each other.
- Necromancer – You can now find all of your level 10 abilities on the arcane spellcaster trainers.
- Necromancer – Scourging Fist grafts now actually grant abilities.
- Necromancer – Increased the damage on Sundering Fist Grafts. These used to be doing the same damage as their uncommon counterparts.
- Necromancer – Added a placeholder particle to Death Shroud
- Necromancer – Claw of Devastation II no longer heals.
- Paladin – Wrath of Vol Anari can now be performed.
- Paladin – Aegis Strike has been added to trainers at level 6
- Paladin - Shield of Chastening has been added to trainers at level 42
- Paladin – Shield of Rebuke has been added to trainers as level 34
- Paladin – Shield of Resolve has been added to trainers at level 38
- Paladin – Shield of Solace has been added to trainers at level 44
- Paladin – Succor has been added to trainers at level 50
- Paladin - Blessing of Vothdar’s duration is now one hour. It is no longer toggled.
- Paladin - Removed erroneous crossbow specialization.
- Paladin – All levels of Guardian’s Assault cost 20 endurance now.
- Paladin – Virtue Point regeneration is now 60 minutes (in game) per point across all level ranges, down from 100-80 minutes.
- Paladin – All attacks that previously did not give text output should be fixed.
- Paladin – Shining Beacon now actually forces affected foes to target you.
- Paladin – Shining Beacon now has a 30 second refresh timer, down from 60s.
- Paladin – Increased the damage of Shining Beacon and added fiends as allowable targets.
- Paladin – the following abilities have had their damage increased:
Vanquish (versus undead only)
- Paladin – Both lines of Boons now last until canceled.
- Paladin – Zeal now halves the endurance cost of abilities while active.
- Paladin – Dictum of Valus and Sunburst are now nearly impossible to resist.
- Paladin – Increased the damage of Dictum of Valus
- Paladin – Increased the damage of Sunburst
- Paladin – Paragon now partially stacks with other spells that increase primary attributes
- Ranger – Cripple now removes your opponent’s stance.
- Ranger – Increased the effectiveness of Regrowth.
- Ranger – Intercept can now be used at any time.
- Ranger – Cloak spells should now last until you toggle them off.
- Rogue – Some Ink item icons have been updated
- Rogue – Some typos have been fixed with poison reagents
- Rogue – Flechettes should no longer break stealth
- Rogue – the following abilities have had their damage increased:
- Rogue – Dramatically increased damage on Water of Life, Scarlet Flame and Azure Flame poisons.
- Shaman – the following abilities have had their damage increased:
Bite of Nag-Suul
- Warrior – Rend Armor and Whirlwind upgrades are now available on trainers.
- Warrior – Waylay should now open all finishers.
- Warrior – Whirlwind will now only open the Decimate line upon crit.
- Warrior – Whirlwind will now open all finishers.
- Warrior – Shout of Defiance II and III now properly display the amount of hate added.
- Warrior – Battle Frenzy and Veteran’s Furor no longer stack.
- Warrior – Brutal Strike VII now deals proper damage
- Warrior – Brutal Strike VII now costs endurance.
- Warrior – The fourth version of Grim Determination is now properly named Grim Determination IV.
- Warrior – Disarm will now only work on humanoids
- Warrior – Warder’s Bulwark no longer erroneously displays that it strips 2% mitigation every hit.
- Warrior – the following abilities have had their damage increased:
- Bows and crossbows of the sniper and of the assassin now display their proper names.
- Fixed issue where journeyman’s recipes were resulting in the wrong item when adding striking crystals
- Fixed issue resulting in legendary rarity items coming from base attuning dust only crafted items. (Note: any items that have been generated using this error have had their rarity changed to reflect the components that were used to make them.)
- Reminded the work order loot tables that they should be dropping tier 4 and 5 horseshoe recipes for blacksmiths
- The revamping of cloaks has been completed. All craftable cloaks should now have the proper stats this includes the new attribute cloaks.
- Rare saddlebag recipes have been removed from game. Saddlebag and rare saddlebag recipes have been consolidated and made to work like normal bag recipes work.
- Crafting XP for tier 3 and higher has been increased per process. This was done to compensate for the length of recipes at those tiers.
- Mineralogists should no longer be offered any bow recipes.
- Gwartak Clan recipes should now display the proper minimum amount of refined resources.
- The smoke complications should have updated descriptions.
- Gwartak Clan armor should now be usable by more classes.
- Crafting faction items have had their stats updated.
- Some minor conversation issues were discovered with the Ahgram crafting faction NPCs. These have been fixed.
- Gwartak Clan Dagger is now rare.
- Gwartak items have had their level standardized. This may increase the level/power of certain produced items.
- Some quest and special recipes now require higher grades to successful complete the item as intended. Failure to do so will result in destroyed material.
- Amateur tier quest crafted items should no longer bring up the No Drop confirmation window.
- Resonating shards/crystals of deflection have had their names updated to Revenge
- Items made with resonating shards/crystals of revenge have had their names updated from ‘of Levitation’ to ‘of Revenge’
- ‘of Revenge’ items should now have the proper ability attached to them
- All focusing dusts that previously listed jewelry settings as options have been updated to not display this option as you cannot make jewelry settings.
- Artificer jewel refining recipes now have the option to attune jewels with either an attribute or a resistance.
- Artificer jewelry recipes can now have attribute attuned jewels used in them.
- The following dusts have been removed from loot tables as they were no longer used
Focusing Powder of Reason
Focusing Shards of Reason
Focusing Crystals of Reason
Focusing Powder of Vigilance
Focusing Shards of Vigilance
Focusing Crystals of Vigilance
Focusing Crystals of Absorption
They have all been converted to cash items for your selling enjoyment.
- Blacksmith recipes for throwing axes have had their default damage type set to slashing.
- Blacksmith recipes for throwing hammers have had their default damage type set to crushing.
- Most Artificer furniture recipes have been added to instructors.
- Tursh and the Southwatch crafting outpost now give Thestran Watch faction for work orders.
- Crafted rods should now have right click effects on them like other wand type items do
- Fixed description of resonance powder of the sniper, removed jewelry from the list of items that can be enhanced as you can only enhance tier 5 jewelry with this mod
- Fixed description of Marksman resonating items to display earrings as a possible enhance item.
- Updated linings that are enhanced with Wizardry dusts to display proper name and description
- Updated requirements for Initiate and Journeyman upgrade recipes.
- The Dune Eagle Trading Company building has been re-organized. Izzet has moved upstairs to her office as well.
- Apprentice quests now display you have learned the recipe on screen in addition to notifying you via dialogue box and chat box.
- Harvest charm recipe was added for lower level charm makers.
- Charm recipes have had their descriptions updated and their action point total increased slightly.
- Charms and the charm quests in general have been updated/refined.
- Some quest recipe actions were costing 25 points when they should have been costing 0. This has been fixed.
- Gratosha now doesn’t give Martok outfitters and artisans duplicate improved tools.
- Workman’s Shirt of Problem Solving now has a graphic.
- Ahgram crafting faction advanced work orders have their rewards updated.
- Some advanced work orders were not showing up to players when they should have been. This has been fixed.
- Harvesting - Some crafted harvesting helms have had their stats adjusted.
- Neck items are now standardized to new Presence values (generally higher by 10-50%), and in weight and other statistics.
- Ring items are now standardized to new Presence values (generally higher by 10-50%), and in weight and other statistics.
- Tier 3 Thestran Clothing is now live on Informants there.
- Tier 3 leg and foot items mysteriously swapped places from Trends to Plots and vice versa. They have been smacked on the nose and sent back to their proper item tables.
- Now that Thannis Heartsworn will successfully give out “Playing Matchmaker,” Samantha Rusten will correctly give out “Local Maidens” (the second in the “Moonstruck Fool” quest line) so that you can actually make it to “Playing Matchmaker.”
WORLD POPULATION NOTES
- Beranid Hills - The Graystone dungeon in Beranid Hills is now fully itemized.
- Bordinar’s Cleft - A select number of Gwartak Griffonhunters will no longer instantly respawn.
- Celestine Ward – Ancient ritual candles are no longer governed by trivial loot code.
- Dahknarg - The Dahknarg Guard hail text has been fixed. They are again offering directions.
- Falgarholm - The various wolves of Falgarholm now allow players to skin their corpses.
- Gorgalok – Rare spawns now drop loot when you kill them. Huzzah!
- Jathred’s Twist - Prince Azad in Jathred’s Twist now offers a quest to any adventurers willing to heed his call.
- Jathred’s Twist - Several of the rare overland NPCs will now appear at their correct (increased) rate.
- Jathred’s Twist - The minotaurs in this area will now reward arena reward tokens
- Khal - Guard Suty will now properly give directions to the ship to Kojan.
- Khal – Guards will now give you the proper directions to the artificer instructor.
- Nusibe Necropolis - City of the Dead has received a population and itemization pass. This dungeon is designed for small to full size groups of players levels 45 and above.
- Pantheon of the Ancients - Tashini no longer casts AOE spells on the escorting party.
- Pantheon of the Ancients - Major overhaul of the final encounter to ensure it performs more reliably.
- Pantheon of the Ancients - The Avatars of Mara and Caia now have an immunity set on par with the boss mob encounters in Vanguard.
- Pantheon of the Ancients - Minions of the Reaper will now despawn after the Avatar of Caia receives enough damage to awaken her sister.
- Pantheon of the Ancients - Lowered the damage output of the Minions of the Reaper as well as an amount of their hitpoints.
- Pantheon of the Ancients - The Avatars of Mara and Caia no longer leave a corpse.
- Pantheon of the Ancients - The Avatar of Caia no longer becomes small after corporealizing.
- Pantheon of the Ancients – The final test, the Trial of Death, within the Pantheon of the Ancients has received an overhaul and should be completeable once again!
- Quests - For the quest, “Mercenary Giants,” each player will now have to slay 20 sand giants, as intended.
- Quests - The Kallas’ discarded paperwork should now reappear for other players as intended.
- Quests - The quest “Phase Stones” should be completable once again
- Quests - Players on the quest, “Eyes of the Zull” will now be guaranteed to get enough Zull orbs, even if they do not loot every orb that drops for them.
- Rahz Inkur - Several additional loot bearing NPCs have been setup to appear regardless of player interaction in the area
- Seawatch Coast - A dozen more solo quests have been added to Strandan City in Sea Watch Coast (level 34+)
- Trengal Keep - Items in Trengal Keep have been adjusted to their appropriate level, it was found that a variety of items were far below the level they were intended to be.
- Vol Tuniel - Thinned out the population in several sections of the dungeon to increase playability
- Zaraj Arena - You must now wait 10 seconds after completing an event to start another event.
- Killing members of the Stonesmasher Clan now rewards Thestran Watch faction
- Killing certain NPCs in Khenvor should no longer return a blank or invalid faction modification
- All Martial Staves, Bladed Staves, Martial Swords and Greatspears have had their appearances updated and re-tiered
- All Handaxes, Greataxes, Bows, Crossbows and Hammers have had their appearances updated and re-tiered.
- Lorielle’s Vest now gives parry instead of block.
- Valerian now adds resistances as expected.
- Fixed a proc display issue with the Fae Hewn Crossbow. It should now report doing damage instead of healing the NPC (it was never actually healing the target).
- Azzuri’s armor set has had its stats tweaked
- Celestine Ward – The druid quest armor has had its +healing focus changed to +nuke focus. In addition, the armor now gives slightly more wisdom and slightly less vitality and intelligence.
- Damage in ability tooltips had a bug causing most damage numbers to display lower than their actual value if you have more than an average rating in the related attribute. For example, if you had more than average intelligence your spell damage tooltips were showing less damage than your abilities did.
- Melee tooltips for direct attacks did not update as your strength value changed. This caused those melee attacks to display only the ability damage unmodified by your strength. This bug has been fixed.
- The Quest Status (tracking) window may now be resized in layout mode.
- Guild leaders may now rename guild ranks by clicking on the "Ranks" button in the guild window.
- The character select screen should now remember the last character you played and re-select it when you camp out and also the next time you log in.
- Fixed a memory leak that happened while in the character select screen.
- You may now demote guild members one additional rank.
~The Vanguard Team