News    Guild    Options    More
Forums:   Guild,    Games,    Hardware,    Misc
Home 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

0 Forum Home > Silky Venom Guild Forums > Guild Lobby > Hey There!

Old 12-15-2005, 09:41 AM   #1
Alderith

Default Hey There!

I've been watching Vanguard off and on since Brad Mcquaid left to form Sigil. Admittedly, I just recently reopened my eyes to see just how much the game has progressed in the last few years. I wanted to send a big hello out to everyone here who is doing the same. It seems as if most people here come from a background very similar to my own, and hereís mine. Iíll try to keep it short, but no promises 

I am a long time EQ fan. I started playing in September of 1999 and had a rough time. I was probably one of the biggest newbies you could find. After my first year of EQ I was level 20 on my main character, a high elf Wizard by the name of Alderith on the Rodcet Nife server. I miss the feelings I had while I was leveling up my Wizard, from shouting for orc groups in the East Commonlands to running from trains deep into highpass. This year, during which I was able to play for about an hour a day, contains some of my fondest memories. Things however did change, and I finally caught up to the level cap. As I was nearing the cap, I remember going on Plane of Fear raids, and Plane of Hate raids, and having a blast. Thereís nothing like being in the KS group. *grins* These are just some of my experiences that Iíd love to relive with Vanguard.

My wizard was retired shortly after the launch of Luclin. At this point I started to two box an SK (Grux) and a Shaman (Minitiki) and leveled them up fairly quickly with all the new, easier, exp methods. With Planes of Power many new raiding opportunities opened up, but things really started to feel different to me. I was nearing graduation from high school at the time, and my schedule really didnít allow me many opportunities to join a more ďHardcoreĒ raiding guild. Though in all honesty after playing a game with the same guild mates for years I doubt I would have been able to leave even if my schedule did permit it.

Iíve now all but retired from Everquest as it has simply evolved in directions that I really donít want to go in. After playing EQ for 5 years I did decide to try out other MMOís, the most notable of which are FFXI, WoW, and Eve online. WoW was just too easy for me and I felt like I was playing Diablo 2 rather than an MMO. FFXI is a rather intense game, though recent changes are taking it down a path similar to WoW. The huge trains that will kill anyone caught unaware (I more than once) have always been something that I expect to see in an MMO and FFXI is doing away with these. Iíve always been a big fan of taking risks. Eve is a little bit different, but it is still a good deal of fun. I like to take my characters, in any game that I play, into situations that should kill them and come out bleeding, but alive and victorious.

To me, taking these risks is the fun of a game, and to see a group of people who seem to share my views makes me tingle with excitement. I cannot wait to see just what happens in Vanguard. Nor can I wait to see how Silky Venom develops as a guild. Based on what I see right now, I think Iím looking in the right place.

Well so much for keeping it shortÖ

Hey there folks! I canít wait to see just how this community evolves as we get closer to the release date.
Send a message via MSN to Alderith

Alderith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:57 AM   #2
Havelock

Hi Alderith! Welcome to Silky Venom. I'm also excited to see how the community develops - there are a bunch of great and enthusiastic people looking forward to Vanguard, so I expect good things. Make yourself at home.

Havelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 04:35 PM   #3
Severoth

Welcome, Alderith, fellow EQ wizard (I was one too ).

If you still play EVE-online, feel free to drop me a line (my characters are Taldrix and Severoth). They are releasing a huge content expansion/update today (Red Moon Rising), it looks sweet (check it out at http://www.eve-online.com/features/redmoonrising/). I don't have time to play a whole lot, atm (in between jobs and the holidays).

Again, welcome

Currently playing EVE-online

Severoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 06:44 PM   #4
Alderith

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am still playing Eve hehe, Well I started about a month a go, but I definately enjoy it. I'll drop you a line when the server is back up!
Send a message via MSN to Alderith

Alderith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:13 PM   #5
Severoth

Cool beans.

I've only been playing EVE-online off and on since the end of July myself (when I quit WoW). My main is Taldrix, a Caldari, mainly focused on combat and mission-running skills. My alt (on a 2nd account) is Severoth, a Minmatar, mainly focused on mining, manufacturing, and research.

Like I said though, unfortuantely, I probably won't be online much, atm .

Currently playing EVE-online

Severoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 10:55 AM   #6
Labyrrinth
Content Mgr

Hi Alderith & welcome to SV

That's quite a nice intro you wrote there ! Definitely looking forward to seeing you around as we develop as a guild and community too
Send a message via AIM to Labyrrinth

Labyrrinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:22 PM   #7
Skarlath

Greetings, Alderith!

Skarlath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 05:29 PM   #8
Ieranii
*Hugs* *smooches* *warm fuzzies* all around!

Greetings and welcome!
Send a message via AIM to Ieranii Send a message via MSN to Ieranii Send a message via Yahoo to Ieranii
SV-Wiki

Ieranii is offline   Reply With Quote