News    Guild    Options    More
Forums:   Guild,    Games,    Hardware,    Misc
Home 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

0 Forum Home > Silky Venom Guild Forums > Guild Lobby > Introduction

Old 12-17-2005, 09:32 PM   #1
Cril

Default Introduction

Hello

My wife and I are excitedly awaiting the release of Vanguard. I have been lurking on these boards for sometime and recently signed up.

I am an EQ refugee and hope Vanguard can bring back the feeling I had when I first started EQ. I started in EQ a few months before Kunark. When I retired from EQ I had a lvl 70 Monk in a very hardcore raiding guild on Druzzil Ro. My wife who I finally got interested in the game played for about 2.5 years and had a lvl 70 Cleric also in the same guild. We spent alot of our time in a couple different guilds I ran until we realized we wanted to go further in the game and would never accomplish this with our family guild format. After we joined the hardcore guild the game turned into an entirely new game for us that we loved.

We have searched and searched for a new game that would be similar to EQ but offer all new ideas and bring back that excited feeling. In Vanguard we think we have found what we have been waiting on. Our next goal was to watch the boards and guild pages to find a guild that would fit our play sytle.

In EQ we would literally walk in from work log into the game get grouped get exp till raid time. Raid till wee morning hours then do it all again tommorow. Friday nights we would set up our spots and spend fri eve thru sun late night. Grinding exp, Raiding, Gearing up, Questing etc.

We had great friends and a great guild. Our hobby is MMO's. Alot of people thought we were nuts but we loved it. (On a side note alot easier playing ALL the time when your better half is as hooked if not more than you are =) ) We would love to apply to SV and hope our previous raiding exp in a hardcore guild would help us be invited to what seems to be exactly the type of guild we want.

We have exp playing, EQ, EQ2, DOAC, SWG, Fantasy Star, and AO. But we always returned to EQ. No game has ever given us the same feeling as EQ and no other game has EVER had the community relationship that EQ offered. In Vanguard we see everything no other game but EQ has ever offered. We LOVE the idea of the transportaion taking time and not just a click away. EQ lost so much when they (in my opinion) Dumified the game. We also love that Vanguard seems to be going old school and making the game a challenge again.

When Brad and Jeff left SOE the game just never seemed to go the direction it had before. Once we found Vanguard we felt like a kid on christmas morning standing there looking at all those presents trying to figure out which one to open.

Sorry I can get pretty long winded. Again Hello to all. We really hope to be a part of SV but regardless hope to see all in game and build new friendships.

Cril
Geadina 70 Monk (Alt Satyrs 55 Druid)- Lariul 70 Cleric If you know us please feel free to send us a message

Guilds in order during EQ
Armor Mist Knights Guild Leader)
Mysticus (Guild Leader)
Shadow Congress (Member)
L'Malla (Member and best time we ever had!!!)

Cril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 09:37 PM   #2
Havelock

Hiya! Welcome to the boards. I felt the same sort of charge when I discovered Vanguard; it's a good, good feeling.

Havelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 03:21 AM   #3
Alderith

Hey there! I'm much in the same boat as you two, though I never made the jump to the hardcore raid guilds. I missed quite a bit of end game content in EQ, and while I've always regreted that. I too can't wait to see what happens with Silky Venom as a guild, and more importantly Vanguard as a game! Welcome to the forums!
Send a message via MSN to Alderith

Alderith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 09:28 AM   #4
Fozzik

Welcome to the community!

"Behind this mask, there's an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V for Vendetta

My blog - The Last Bastion

Fozzik is offline   Reply With Quote