Originally Posted by madnagash
i played the game for about 1,5 month at launch but quit for eq2. Could someone just briefly tell me what has changed in the game: i dont mean new instances or rebalances. I would like to know if there are any major game mechanics changes, like for example learning skill from enemies (which wasnt working when i was playing).
Thx for any info,
Major changes I can think of:
1) Diplomacy changed to level based instead of skill
2) Many items in game now are either BoP or BoE
3) Decon changed, anyone can do now, not just crafters. Buy Decon kits from general vendors. This way you can get some value out of something you possibly can no longer sell due to BoP and BoE changes.
4) EE gone, all items level based now. Max equipable item is Your Level + 5
5) Rest experience. Camp out in any city or outpost to gather. Very similar to EQ2's rest xp system.
6) Riftway system and Griffons. Riftways are stones at certain altars around the world that allow you to teleport from one Riftway to another. Must buy riftway shards from general vendors to use. Must visit a riftway once to "activate" it, after activation you can teleport to that location. Meaning you have to travel to the location at least once on foot before you can use it. Griffons are rentable flying mounts, costs 20s a ride. Griffon Masters are close to Riftways, sometimes just a bit out of sight of the riftway but still close.
7) Crafting xp curve has changed. Gain xp quicker now.
8) Crafting work orders give more faction now.
9) Shadowhound and Unicorn mount quests in game. These are very fast and stable mounts.
10) A number of UI changes for stuff like LFG, quests, item notes, etc.
There's been a lot of class changes as to be expected, lot of work on client stability and performance, tons of quest bug fixes, so on and so forth. The stuff you'd expect to happen over the course of time.