News    Guild    Options    More
Forums:   Guild,    Games,    Hardware,    Misc
Home 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

0 Forum Home > Silky Venom News Discussion > Vanguard News > A Simple Fairwell and a Hearty Hello

Old 08-15-2007, 03:13 PM   #1
Labyrrinth
Content Mgr

Default A Simple Fairwell and a Hearty Hello

The most recent news to come out of SoE is that Michelle “Eliona” Butler is no longer the Vanguard Community Manager

Quote:
Greetings Telonians!
Today I must depart and move onto a new project. I am pleased to leave you in the capable hands of Ellyra. Please be kind to her.

I have truly enjoyed getting to know new people and reminiscing with some of the community that I have know for years. Thank you all for participating in the world of Vanguard.

I will never be too far away!

Michelle "Elionia" Butler
=(^.^)=
Community Relations Manager
Sony Online Entertainment LLC.
http://eqoa.station.sony.com
The original post can be found here

Good luck Michelle, we’ll miss you!

And as Michelle moves on, another person moves in to take her place

Quote:
I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to those of you in the Vanguard community who have not seen me around before. My name's Julie (aka Ellyra) and I'm the new Vanguard Community Representative.

A little bit about me and my background. I started with SOE in January as an intern and have dabbled in a lot of different things since then. I'm nearly finished with my degree in Media Studies and Political Science (after many, many long years of school!) I look forward to continuing my career in gaming, as it's something I'm extremely passionate about.

I've been gaming for quite some time. My first taste came back in 1994 or so when I found myself addicted to a text game called 'Legends.' The BBS I played on supported a dozen players, and wiped itself once a week. I was hooked from day one. From there I went on to play Doom on a BBS called H2H. As for MMO's, I've played a lot of what's currently out there, some more than others; EQ, EQII, WoW, LoTRo, and of course, Vanguard, to name a few.

A few personal facts you may find interesting: My main character was a Shaman, but I've recently been spending more time playing my Dread Knight. I've toyed around with a Blood Mage, and dabbled in Diplomacy. Also, I have a tattoo on my left shoulder which says "Gold Spammers FTS." (Okay, not yet, but I truly believe our world, and the world of Telon, would be a much better place without gold spammers!)

I look forward to being a part of this growing community. It's my goal to help the game, its players, and the fansites thrive by providing content, up-to-date information from developers, and hopefully a lot of fun in-between!
The original post can be found here

Please join me in welcoming Vanguard’s newest community representative, Ellyra, aka Julie
Send a message via AIM to Labyrrinth

Labyrrinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:24 PM   #2
QforQ
Guild Member

Server: Shidreth
Name: QforQ
Guild: Silky Venom

Welcome Julie Hope you visit SV sometime

QforQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:50 PM   #3
Loampounder

Goodluck, Michelle.

An intern? SOE gave us an intern?

Loampounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:33 PM   #4
Fynn
Guild Initiate

Server: Shidreth
Name: Fynroh Nytescryer
Guild: Silky Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loampounder View Post
Goodluck, Michelle.

I dunno, is that necessarily a bad thing?

Fynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:04 AM   #5
Atoyota
*BANNED*

Name: Atoyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
I feel just continuing to consolidate the team with SOE associates.
They own it and eventually the Sigil team will be replaced or move on...

Atoyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:29 PM   #6
Loampounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atoyota View Post
I feel just continuing to consolidate the team with SOE associates.
They own it and eventually the Sigil team will be replaced or move on...

Sure, replace them, but get professional people with experience. Even Atoy is more qualified than an intern!

Loampounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:44 AM   #7
Atoyota
*BANNED*

Name: Atoyota

Quote:
Sure, replace them, but get professional people with experience. Even Atoy is more qualified than an intern!
She most likely went through a review process.
Given the current game population, there really isn't a huge community to manage, so an experienced intern could handle this and grow with the community.

And no... I'm not interested

Atoyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:15 AM   #8
rhagz
Into the Volcano

If it's that other girl from the video clip previewing the Fan Faire stuff, it's really not like there is any big change. Both of them were pretty terrible.

rhagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:44 PM   #9
Malleable

Server: Florendyl (RP)
Name: Sangrewrath-Sangrewrith-Sangrwroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
I gotta say its not necessarily a bad thing. The intern in my office has two Masters degree's, is very smart, and has contributed immensely to the project he has been working on.

It comes down to the quality of the person, and their degree of motivation. Julie seems motivated to me.

Julie, if you are reading this post - Welcome!

Mal

Malleable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 05:57 AM   #10
Grizzlebeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagz View Post
If it's that other girl from the video clip previewing the Fan Faire stuff, it's really not like there is any big change. Both of them were pretty terrible.
Do you ever have anything positive to say about anyone or anything or does the core of your day involve complaining bitterly about a game you no longer play and being the person who feels morally obliged to say, "Black" when everyone else says, "white"? If you're like this offline I can begin to understand why you have nothing better to do than camp a board that doesn't want or need your comments because I sure as hell wouldn't want to be around you.
Send a message via AIM to Grizzlebeard Send a message via MSN to Grizzlebeard Send a message via Yahoo to Grizzlebeard

Grizzlebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:19 AM   #11
rhagz
Into the Volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlebeard View Post
Do you ever have anything positive to say about anyone or anything or does the core of your day involve complaining bitterly about a game you no longer play and being the person who feels morally obliged to say, "Black" when everyone else says, "white"? If you're like this offline I can begin to understand why you have nothing better to do than camp a board that doesn't want or need your comments because I sure as hell wouldn't want to be around you.
Can you honestly sit here and say they did a good job, that they seemed excited about the subject or that they even had the first clue wtf they were talking about? I don't give a flip what you think about me or how much you want to be with me, as objectively as it gets those ladies were flatout horrible at presenting whatever it was they were presenting.

Old 10-26-2007, 05:33 PM   #12
iji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlebeard View Post

This

iji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:25 AM   #13
Jodokai

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagz View Post
Can you honestly sit here and say they did a good job, that they seemed excited about the subject or that they even had the first clue wtf they were talking about? I don't give a flip what you think about me or how much you want to be with me, as objectively as it gets those ladies were flatout horrible at presenting whatever it was they were presenting.
And you learned all that from a video?

Jodokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:15 PM   #14
rhagz
Into the Volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodokai View Post
And you learned all that from a video?
Correct. I learned they did a terrible job presenting a product in a video by.. watching the video.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:43 AM   #15
Santos

Server: Gulgrethor
Name: Santos Maahj
Guild: Pain

this thread needs to go ASAP

Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:18 AM   #16
Shavlik

Server: Hilsbury
Name: Shavlik

Quote:
Goodluck, Michelle.

Some of my fondest memories are with Interns...

Welcome

Shavlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:31 PM   #17
Funkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shavlik View Post
Some of my fondest memories are with Interns...

Welcome
Former-President Clinton? WoW, we're honoured to have you here

Funkey is offline   Reply With Quote