News    Guild    Options    More
Forums:   Guild,    Games,    Hardware,    Misc
Home 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

0 Forum Home > Silky Venom News Discussion > Industry & Other Games News > What's The Future For EverQuest II?

Old 05-23-2007, 09:25 PM   #21
Arkast

Default What's the future for EverQuest II?

A renewed subscription from me. I was quite happy there and only came to Vanguard because it was supposed to cure cancer and all.

Going back was uncomfortably expensive though. I left right before the release of EoF so pretty much had to eat that $40 expansion fee (and you'd think it'd gone on sale by now). November for RoK was too far away with no game to play.

Note on EQ2 encounter locking - that was also changed some time ago, it can be toggled (though I think it's on by default).

They also patched in the new 'evil' fae race today, and the new starting city of Neriak. An extra character slot was also added.

Arkast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:29 AM   #22
Snuggles

Server: Thunderaxe
Name: Snuggles

I have played EQ2 for 3 yrs now and I have a 70 Monk I enjoy. The new RoK that is coming out is catching my eye. I have Station Pass where I can have several SOE games at 1 monthly fee and I have been playing Vanguard since Beta 5. With SOE purchasing Sigil Gaming I am giving VG til the release of RoK to get that game into shape. If SOE could straighten out EQ2 after luanch then I have faith in VG.

The one thing that is keeping me active in EQ2 is new content. When SOE opened up The Estate of Unrest I was like WOW new content but after 3 days I was finish, I have done all the L&L and collections. I am like ok that was fun for 3 days back to VG.

From what I have read and from what I heard there will be over 500 new quests, NEW collection quests, more L&L quests, NEW weapons, NEW armor, NEW player mount a Rhino, SARNAK race, NEW EPIC WEAPONS for all classes, NEW armor sets. Now this is what I call new content, but raising the charcter level cap to 80 seems to little. If it was set to level 90 then that would give a little more playing time to get to 90.

MARK this day and remember I said it first, I give it 5 days after the luanch of RoK that there will be several players at level 80.......

Snuggles

Snuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:06 AM   #23
nuandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggles View Post
I have played EQ2 for 3 yrs now and I have a 70 Monk I enjoy. The new RoK that is coming out is catching my eye. I have Station Pass where I can have several SOE games at 1 monthly fee and I have been playing Vanguard since Beta 5. With SOE purchasing Sigil Gaming I am giving VG til the release of RoK to get that game into shape. If SOE could straighten out EQ2 after luanch then I have faith in VG.

The one thing that is keeping me active in EQ2 is new content. When SOE opened up The Estate of Unrest I was like WOW new content but after 3 days I was finish, I have done all the L&L and collections. I am like ok that was fun for 3 days back to VG.

From what I have read and from what I heard there will be over 500 new quests, NEW collection quests, more L&L quests, NEW weapons, NEW armor, NEW player mount a Rhino, SARNAK race, NEW EPIC WEAPONS for all classes, NEW armor sets. Now this is what I call new content, but raising the charcter level cap to 80 seems to little. If it was set to level 90 then that would give a little more playing time to get to 90.

MARK this day and remember I said it first, I give it 5 days after the luanch of RoK that there will be several players at level 80.......

Snuggles
the other thing i am looking forwaed to is the new super zones so less zoneing

Agree about the lvl 80's within a week of lunch just a tough choice which one of mine i lvl first

the only thing i would like VG to take from EQ2 is the UI EQ2's UI is fantastic and come a long way since launch and a lot of great inprovemts the last 6 months the macro system is so easy now the broker serch window is perfect and the changes to offline selling so you dont have to be online for somone to buy from you house was a great move

there has also been great improvments in armor and wepons looks in the game my fury hola's hat is awsum

but we all have differant tastes so some may not like themLike the longest i have managed to play the WOW trial was 5 mins i could not stand the graphics

nuandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:04 PM   #24
bandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillgaar View Post
They currently have 3 expansion packs out though...

Desert of Flame
Kingdom of Sky
Echoes of Faydwer

Having to go back and buy all of those as well as the base game is pretty spendy... if they want to increase their numbers and welcome people back, they should look into either bundling the base with these expansions or releasing these expansions for free since the Kunark expansion is due out...

having to buy the base game and 4 expansions is a lot to ask of people who want to try it but are timid due to the previous history the game has had.
they screwed up royally with the EoF release, it should have been the FIRST expansion with all its newb content.
cept for some raid stuff i cut and pasted 16 grey HQ's and was done with it in 2 weeks at 70.

bandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:28 AM   #25
nuandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandon View Post
they screwed up royally with the EoF release, it should have been the FIRST expansion with all its newb content.
cept for some raid stuff i cut and pasted 16 grey HQ's and was done with it in 2 weeks at 70.
i think it was more the fact DoF was a awfull add on way to small and crap raid content

nuandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:25 PM   #26
Speaker

No death penalty for failure to beat the content was the main reason I quit playing and the main reason i will not go back. Instance content and travel were close 2nd reasons for quiting.

Speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:12 PM   #27
Mentin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggles View Post
If it was set to level 90 then that would give a little more playing time to get to 90.

The main reason for increasing level is not to give people something they must work hard to get, but to invalidate most of the old gear so you will need to get a complete new set of gear.

Getting all new gear is the real challenge from those 10 levels.

Mentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:03 AM   #28
Fitch07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentin View Post
The main reason for increasing level is not to give people something they must work hard to get, but to invalidate most of the old gear so you will need to get a complete new set of gear.

Getting all new gear is the real challenge from those 10 levels.
You got that right

Fitch07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:17 AM   #30
Varmint

I recently bought the RoK Expansion, which of course comes with everything EQ2 that has been released to date. I have never played an EQ title, so its new to me in terms of exploring the lands and whatnot. It is actually pretty fun. I have some complaints but they deal mainly with UI issues and things like the map I dont care for. If you are thinking of trying/returning to EQ2, I would say now is a good time as the expansion is still pretty new and the grouping /economy is pretty good with the influx of new people and people trying the new race.
My 2 cents.

Varmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:42 PM   #31
Kurron Nye

Yup you hit the nail on the head about the gear.

The whole point of expansions is to get you back on that levelling/gear upgrade treadmill and thus increase the length of your subscription :-)

Its why they dont just stop and fix bugs..the gains of producing expansions far outweighs whatever losses that come from disgruntled folks who just want current content fixed (beside those disgruntled types usually dont put their money where their mouths are and cancel anyway).

Kurron Nye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #32
Dragon-RD

I've always hated, and I do actually mean hated (More so than Vanguards) its engine.

Vanguard could at least look pretty, EQ2 hasn't and never has. It just performs badly, despite which ever PC you're running it on.

Actually, has anyone seen a stable 60 frame rate on Ultra yet? Because even testing with SLI'ed 580's it stumbled barely past 40 for me.

Dragon-RD is offline   Reply With Quote