News    Guild    Options    More
Forums:   Guild,    Games,    Hardware,    Misc
Home 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

0 Forum Home > Games > Guild Wars 2 > Player vs Player > New WvW from Mike Ferguson

Old 02-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
Vordox

Default New WvW from Mike Ferguson

Mike answeres questions on reddit about WvW http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...rld/?limit=500

I must say all this really excited me I'm curious how they manage PvE encounters and events in a PvP area?

Plus I was excited you can jump right into WvW right after the tutorial. Players drop loot when you kill them . You don't get their personal loot but you do get rare drop loot on a loot table.

Seriously though everything I'm reading is really innovative and I'm likeing this a lot!

Last edited by Vordox : 02-24-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Vordox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
Fozzik

I agree... WvW sounds great. Almost so good that a no-PvP person like me is tempted.

"Behind this mask, there's an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V for Vendetta

My blog - The Last Bastion

Fozzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #3
Vordox

I used to be a non PvP person too at one point.

PvP is the only thing in MMOs now a days that provides any real conflict. Whenever there is conflict people tend to be more dependent on others. Why were old games like EQ more involving and so community based? It wasn't instanced, and dying actually hurt. You needed people you could count on to prevent that as much as possible. When you got trained by that asshole group you all swore together you would repay them,and did eventually. I remember epic fights guild against guild dungeon crawls racing one another to The Dragon.

People always complained about that stuff but you know what, I never knew anyone who just quit playing because of it. The forums were always on fire it was like jersey shore on steroids. It was so fun to read and exciting to log in because you thought you might miss something.

Most of these games nowadays you don't even have to group or be bothered at all. Until I played Warhammer (PvP) I saw first hand what I had thought for awhile, that the conflict actually created a need for you to log in. They needed you to be there to battle and have their backs. The game world needed you. (For the record Warhammer made some real flaws in their game content that were not psychologically conducive to the end game of City sieges but that's another story)

Conflict has been what is missing and it looks like GW2 is bringing it back, That makes me happy! I will certainly be available Fozz if you are ready to stick your toe in the WvW.

Vordox is offline   Reply With Quote