News    Guild    Options    More
Forums:   Guild,    Games,    Hardware,    Misc
Home 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

0 Forum Home > Miscellaneous > The Volcano > SWTOR Blogger commits Internet Libel

Old 03-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #21
Jestor Rodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loampounder View Post
You have no reputation and what is the harm? Did it damage your business or lose clients? Heck, Jester is not your name; it's some kind of nom de plume that is not connected to your real life.

And, by making links, you are spreading the information. How can it be harmful if you yourself spread it around? Technically, this may fit into libel, but it is not legally libel.
But I do have a reputation , Of course based of some of the past few posts on this now relocated thread , it is matter of interpretation.

As far as my real name goes, This party crossed that line twice , First he logged into MMofringe.com using my real name as his log in name and secondly he photoshopped my real name on a Alfred E Newman as the Joker behind bars on his defunct prior MMO Blog ...( I have a couple of saved pages from this libelous blog posting about me)

Jestor Rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #22
Loampounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestor Rodo View Post
But I do have a reputation , Of course based of some of the past few posts on this now relocated thread , it is matter of interpretation.

As far as my real name goes, This party crossed that line twice , First he logged into MMofringe.com using my real name as his log in name and secondly he photoshopped my real name on a Alfred E Newman as the Joker behind bars on his defunct prior MMO Blog ...( I have a couple of saved pages from this libelous blog posting about me)
So what! How has this damaged your "reputation"? If it really is damaging, why are you spreading it around? It sounds as if you are using this incident to build a reputation, and that is hardly libel.

Loampounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #23
Jestor Rodo

Quote:
So what! How has this damaged your "reputation"? If it really is damaging, why are you spreading it around? It sounds as if you are using this incident to build a reputation, and that is hardly libel.
What?!? , Even in the comfort of your posting life here and other places on the interwebs If someone posted about YOU in the Same fashion StormDragon AKA Currently Jett-Rinn has done to me that you would not be Care.
Hows about that person Finding out you real name and posting it on his own blog and then used it and Log onto Here as SV as the real life name....

What are you smoking?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #24
Loampounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestor Rodo View Post
What?!? , Even in the comfort of your posting life here and other places on the interwebs If someone posted about YOU in the Same fashion StormDragon AKA Currently Jett-Rinn has done to me that you would not be Care.
Hows about that person Finding out you real name and posting it on his own blog and then used it and Log onto Here as SV as the real life name....

What are you smoking?
There is no damages in what you describe. My IRL name is not libel. Filing a restraining order is not libel. Posting things on the internet is not automatically libel. Once again, how has it damaged your RL career or income?

And once again YOU ignore the isse that YOU are spreading it around. YOU are boasting and calling attention to the actions of this other person. YOU certainly are not trying to minimize the damage. In fact, just the opposite, so it cannot be personnally damaging.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #25
Vordox

Loampounder you are merely giving him the attention he wants. If you stop addressing him he will move on to another venue. Unless you are just that bored then by all means continue lol.

Vordox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #26
Loampounder

I hear that perfect gets 0.0025 cents for every post, and his six kids need shoes.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #27
perfect
Administrator

Quote:
I hear that perfect gets 0.0025 cents for every post, and his six kids need shoes.
And braces. Thank you.
Send a message via ICQ to perfect Send a message via AIM to perfect Send a message via MSN to perfect

I used to be so big and strong,
I used to know my right from wrong.
I used to never be afraid,
I used to be somebody.

-p

perfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #28
Vordox

Quote:
OH well hell! I can make him filthy rich then! lol

Vordox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #29
Jestor Rodo

Gentlemen, I truly thank all of you for your time and opinions on this matter.

Whatever it calls itself , Storm Dragon, Balamoor, Todeswulf , or it's Recent incarnation, Jett-Rinn. I for one, due to what I perceive as an injustice, will not allow it to go unnoticed. If not for me but perhaps for his next victim.

Now I do invite you to enjoy some of the good old days as I have reposted some of the Classic Rodo reports

https://www.facebook.com/video/?id=610970936

Enjoy....and Love that Jestor!