News    Guild    Options    More
Forums:   Guild,    Games,    Hardware,    Misc
Home 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

0 Forum Home > Games > Industry & Other Games Discussion > Batman Arkham City

Old 12-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
mmorpeegee

Default Batman Arkham City

Great game! I don't usually go for action games but this is really good! If anyone wants a review or anything lemme know.

mmorpeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
AsheMan

Server: Hilsbury
Name: Skinner

Arkham Asylum was fantastic and I am so glad to hear the sequel is likely even better! I bought it on Steam, but have not played it yet because I'm totally preoccupied with Skyrim.

Must play Skyrim.

AsheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
mmorpeegee

I was waiting for the 1.3 patch in Skyrim because I was scared of the magic resistance thing But now I have that as well. Need...more...hours in the day.

But yeah if you liked Asylum you are going to love the new one. These people really know how to make a killer action game. It puts a lot of other stuff out there to shame.

Last edited by mmorpeegee : 12-07-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:06 PM   #4
AsheMan

My character doesn't wear resistances, so that patch didn't effect me at all. I never even saw one of the infamous backwards flying dragons, which makes me kind of sad. I wanted to see it!

Old 12-07-2011, 09:51 PM   #5
Fozzik

Arkham City looked pretty fun and I was thinking of getting it...but I'm not sure I can justify the price since I'll be getting SW:TOR in a couple weeks.

Well, that plus I just bought myself an Android tablet.

"Behind this mask, there's an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V for Vendetta

My blog - The Last Bastion

Fozzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
mmorpeegee

Lol congrats. Well getting stuff later is good anyway, you can hopefully get it cheaper and hopefully it will have some of the downloadable content included. The Catwoman one is well worth having!

Old 12-07-2011, 10:38 PM   #7
AsheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzik View Post
Well, that plus I just bought myself an Android tablet.
Me too! I got a Kindle Fire for my birthday.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:00 AM   #8
Fozzik

I went with a Toshiba Thrive... Nvidia Tegra 2 dual-core 1 GHz, 1GB RAM, 16GB flash. The reason I chose it was screen size and resolution (10.1 inch HD), plus the fact that it has full-size ports on the side (USB, mini-USB, and HDMI). I was really impressed...it mounts USB thumbdrives with no problem and even worked just fine with a standard USB keyboard or mouse when plugged right in. I streamed Amazon instant video in HD over the HDMI to a 70-inch television at work...it was beautiful.

I looked at the Kindle Fire, but for the things I wanted to do, I felt like it wasn't flexible enough and the screen size was too small (for me). I wanted the tablet to surf the web on the go, watch Netflix, use Pandora, and use it as an e-reader (I can get the kindle app, the nook app, plus google books). It's great for Netflix and Pandora because I also bought some bluetooth headphones...they actually sound pretty good...and I can set the tablet up anywhere in the house to watch while I'm doing chores and things.

I'm still finding additional uses for it...last weekend I set it up in the living room plugged into some nice speakers, and streamed pandora and my own music collection from my PC. Worked really well. I also got a subscription to the e-version of PC Gamer magazine...I had to use the Nook app for that because Kindle doesn't offer PC Gamer on their android app...only on the Kindle Fire. =P

To Batman: Sorry for the derail.

"Behind this mask, there's an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V for Vendetta

My blog - The Last Bastion

Last edited by Fozzik : 12-08-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Fozzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #9
mmorpeegee

It's cool Batman likes technology too :P

And both he and I both want a tablet someday.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #10
mmorpeegee

I just finished this, game of the year for me by miles! I've enjoyed a few other games this year like Trine 2, Magicka, and some other stuff, but this one was amazing. It's very unusual for me to have a big budget popular mainstream game that I enjoy as much as everyone else. Usually the big games I find really dull, GTA, Call of Duty etc... I just find them all so hackneyed and often too simple and easy too. But this one was just great in pretty much every way. I hope other developers use this as a template. It just shows that gameplay doesn't need to be easy and simple to be popular! Not that I would call it hard or complex, but it did require some thought and skill to play and I really appreciate that, especially from modern games.

Last edited by mmorpeegee : 12-26-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #11
AsheMan

Arkham City is $15 this weekend on Steam. I've been playing through it a little. It's bigger and better than Arkham Asylum.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #12
mmorpeegee

Nice, total bargain for that price.