News    Guild    Options    More
Forums:   Guild,    Games,    Hardware,    Misc
Home 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

0 Forum Home > Silky Venom Guild Forums > Guild Lobby > Raiding...

Old 08-29-2005, 03:04 AM   #1
Integral

Default Raiding...

Is the term by definition an indication of PvP gameplay ? Or does it mean PvE, or both ?

Just that...hmm...i've never played EQ, about which I see some references here. In the games i've played (DAoC, SWG etc) "raiding" implied PvP...

Just wondering.

If it doesn't, do you guys plan on foraying a little into PvP ? Or keep SV a PvE-only guild ?

Excuse me if this question would have been more appropriate to ask in a PM. Feel free to delete thread if it is.
Send a message via Yahoo to Integral

"What makes the desert beautiful," said the little prince, "is that somewhere it hides a well..." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Integral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 04:01 AM   #2
Eclipse
I <3 Pumpkin Pie

it is believed that Vanguard will be heavy into PvE and give players some PvP to have fun with just as EQ did.
My guess at this point, would be that PvE raiding would be the main focus with individual or group stints in PvP whenever a situation presented itself.
The issue of whether the guild will start on a PvE or PvP server has not been decided. Oloh is pretty tight-lipped thus far....as it is in the end his decision alone to make.

-Eclipse

~Orc Dreadnought and Scion of The Seraphim..formerly Eclipse R.I.P~

Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 04:09 AM   #3
Integral

Thanks for clearing that up, mate.

Much better to concentrate on shared attitudes to dedicated top-notch gaming in one area rather than hang out with morons in another, if push comes to shove.

And this gives me an opportunity for a sig test. Here comes wackiness to the fore...
Send a message via Yahoo to Integral

"What makes the desert beautiful," said the little prince, "is that somewhere it hides a well..." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Last edited by Integral : 08-29-2005 at 04:16 AM.

Integral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 06:21 PM   #4
Oloh
Administrator

Name: Oloh

When I say "raiding" I generally mean PvE big game killing, such as dragons, gods and other hellish creatures.

That being said, I love, LOVE, PvP. So, I am certainly not opposed to playing on a PvP server if and when 1) there is interest in it, and 2) if it is fun in the context of Vanguard.

We wont know the answer to those questions for quite some time. If I had to choose right now (which luckilly, I dont), I would say that SV will be a PvE guild, simply because I know with 100% certainty that PvE will be fun. I suspect that the PvP will be fun, as well, but its less than 100% because, well, details arent out there yet.

Oloh is offline   Reply With Quote