News    Guild    Options    More
Forums:   Guild,    Games,    Hardware,    Misc
Home 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

0 Forum Home > Silky Venom Guild Forums > Guild Lobby > Hello everyone!

Old 09-06-2005, 04:55 AM   #1
Sharpmoon

Default Hello everyone!

Hello all

Eclipse sent me over to this site in regards to VG and a raid guild.

For awhile I have been drooling over the concepts Vanguard is bringing to the MMORPG market. I've been craving every bit of released info about the game since I first heard about it back in April. Hell, I think I'm addicted to the game before I even played it.

A bit about myself:

Ever since I first began playing Everquest close to 5 years ago I have developed a passion for online gaming. I enjoy the challenge, the experiences and the people involved with each server. I consider myself "hardcore" in every possible way. I have no problem putting in countless hours to advance in content.

I see being a member of a raid guild in the same way a pro football would see his team. I believe every member of the team is required to give 110% and not rely on other people to pick up their slack. Content progression is a major interest of mine in terms of raiding. People that show a lackluster attitude towards raiding and helping their guild annoy me. While some people see loot as the end, I see loot as the key to future content access.

I support a strict rule system in order to ensure content progression. Some of the best raid guilds I have been in have been ran in a fascist style where the members could and did trust the officers and guild leader to push through challenges. I was in the same raid guild as Eclipse was in WoW, a guild that saw its end rather quick due to leadership relying on the inexperienced opinions of players who have never really been in a raid guild.

As a player I can't stand nerfing, exploits or hacking. I think difficult content improves a player's skill and should never be nerfed to cater to people who refuse to think outside the box to accomplish the task. In regards to exploits, I do not agree with relying on exploits as a way to beat content, exploits are always fixed in time and will require the exploiters to eventually learn how to do the encounter legit. If someone feels the need to hack in order to gain an advantage they're simply cheating themselves out of a designed experience.

Myself as a player:

I purchased Everquest at the release of Kunark. I played a warrior for quite some time until a friend taught me the art of duel boxing. At that point I decided to roll a cleric who became my main with my warrior to help out with grouping, quests and raids. For quite some time I was the main healer in my guild and set up specific healer tactics for raid encounters. Around PoP I retired my warrior and made a beastlord on my second account in order to farm AAs on my off time. I retired a few months after the release of GoD after feeling that Sony was just shoving expansions down my throat with very little quality. When I retired my cleric I had 590 AA points, 900 LDoN wins and around 300 days played.

A few months after I retired my Everquest toons I became interested in World of Warcraft. I researched the game all the way through beta and played an undead priest in beta. When the game went live I rolled a Paladin on the Shadowsong server. I quickly met up with a few former EQ players on my way to 60. I was the first 60 alliance on the server and did every single instance available up to 60, all 5 man. I am a well known person on the Shadowsong server and probably one of the few players with 2 alliance 60s and 1 horde 60 and 100+ days played on my account.

Now I look towards my gaming future. WoW has slowly become a game that caters to the casual crowd and uses content cockblocking to slow down the hardcore players. I now find myself rarely logging into the game for any purpose other than raiding. Very few things in WoW feel like an accomplishment like they were in EQ. Several people lack any skill in playing their class because they are rewarded for being mediocre players every time Blizzard nerfs content.

I'm looking for a new home in VG when it comes out. Going from a game like EQ to WoW has had a negative impact on me as a raid centric player. I hope to find that challenge and excitement that Everquest raiding provided for me.

Last edited by Sharpmoon : 09-06-2005 at 04:57 AM.

Sharpmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 01:29 PM   #2
Elrar (of Silky Venom)
Pre-SGO

Quite a history ya got there!

Seeing this thread light up reminded me that SV started off originally as a guild website, totally slipped my mind haha.

But welcome to the boards and what not!

Elrar (of Silky Venom) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 03:39 PM   #3
Eclipse
I <3 Pumpkin Pie

Yah, atm it is a news website. And definitely the best out there! Guild is made up one person right now, lol. And everyone is playing BF2
Still waiting for that Beta invite...*tap tap tap*

-Eclipse

~Orc Dreadnought and Scion of The Seraphim..formerly Eclipse R.I.P~

Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:14 PM   #4
Ominous
Guild Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Yah, atm it is a news website. And definitely the best out there! Guild is made up one person right now, lol. And everyone is playing BF2
Still waiting for that Beta invite...*tap tap tap*

-Eclipse
You mean you still haven't been invited. You must be on their blacklist or something.

Ominous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:07 PM   #5
Eclipse
I <3 Pumpkin Pie

/e glares at Ominous

Why are you here? When a perfectly innocent newb just said he doesn't like Pie on the OVF!

-Eclipse

~Orc Dreadnought and Scion of The Seraphim..formerly Eclipse R.I.P~

Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:50 PM   #6
Ominous
Guild Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
/e glares at Ominous

Why are you here? When a perfectly innocent newb just said he doesn't like Pie on the OVF!

-Eclipse
jtoast seems to have been affected by Hurricane Katriana. Therefore the queu for volcano tossings has grown large.

Ominous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 03:26 AM   #7
Martuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominous
jtoast seems to have been affected by Hurricane Katriana. Therefore the queu for volcano tossings has grown large.
Guess we need a temporary volcano tosser to keep up with demand.

Martuk is offline   Reply With Quote