News    Guild    Options    More
Forums:   Guild,    Games,    Hardware,    Misc
Home 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

0 Forum Home > Games > Vanguard: Saga of Heroes > General Discussion > Extra Char slots a lie

Old 03-08-2007, 04:35 PM   #1
Reiver

Server: Varking (Alt PvP)
Name: Reiver

Default Extra Char slots a lie

Anyone else upgrade to Station Pass just to get the extra 4 character slots??

After not receiving my slots I called and now they are just saying it is for EQ. I know I did not read it wrong because you have to click on the Vanguard photo for special offers and it pulls up a whole new page...which now provides you with jack squat.

Lieing will cause people to quit faster then anything, especially considering you are in bed with SOE, the master bullshidders. I know SOE is more to blame for false advertismement because Sigil probably never intended on extra slots, however nobody on Sigil's part made any notifications for those that signed up, that they told them to cancel this bonus feature. You still fail at communicating with your player base at an adiquate level.

I'll take it up the butt once because I like the game. Let a Lie slip by again and I'm gone. No point in getting attached to a game and player base if that is how you are going to run things.

Reiver

Guild Leader, <SIN> Strength In Numbers
Varking

Reiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #2
HarmonyShidreth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiver View Post

After not receiving my slots I called and now they are just saying it is for EQ. I know I did not read it wrong because you have to click on the Vanguard photo for special offers and it pulls up a whole new page...which now provides you with jack squat.

Lieing will cause people to quit faster then anything, especially considering you are in bed with SOE, the master bullshidders. I know SOE is more to blame for false advertismement because Sigil probably never intended on extra slots, however nobody on Sigil's part made any notifications for those that signed up, that they told them to cancel this bonus feature. You still fail at communicating with your player base at an adiquate level.

I'll take it up the butt once because I like the game. Let a Lie slip by again and I'm gone. No point in getting attached to a game and player base if that is how you are going to run things.

Reiver

Varking
I would try calling again, sometimes you get a rep who doesn't know his head from his arse to be quite frank. They VERY CLEARLY stated you would get 4 extra slots in Vanguard with the SA, if they pulled that without notification you have every right to be pissed. I really have to figure this is more of a bug though, and a Rep who gets paid 4 bucks an hour who doesn't know what he is talking about.

PS. You really would fair better without the last paragraph (or maybe editing it), might get more attention from Elrar that way
Tikiwiki Mindsoul 18 Gnome Psionist
Jade Blackheart 16 Dark Elf Dark Knight

HarmonyShidreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:47 PM   #3
HarmonyShidreth

Quote:

Reiver

Varking
Actually just went to the Station pass page and now they definitely do not say anything about the Extra slots for Vanguard.

Extremely rude honestly, they very clearly advertised the 4 slots at the begining and to pull it away without a word is BS. I would demand your money back for the month or something.

Old 03-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #4
perfect
Administrator

I, too, never got 4 extra character slots. Even from day one. I don't think they 'pulled it back' or 'took it away'; I believe it never existed in the first place, even if they said that it did or would.
Send a message via ICQ to perfect Send a message via AIM to perfect Send a message via MSN to perfect

I used to be so big and strong,
I used to know my right from wrong.
I used to never be afraid,
I used to be somebody.

-p

perfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:50 PM   #5
Rookerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonyShidreth View Post
Actually just went to the Station pass page and now they definitely do not say anything about the Extra slots for Vanguard.

Extremely rude honestly, they very clearly advertised the 4 slots at the begining and to pull it away without a word is BS. I would demand your money back for the month or something.

I remember it as well. It's very important that we don't let this issue subside in their eyes. Someone needs to be held accountable, and explain to the playerbase what their intentions are.

Rookerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:51 PM   #6
Isobel

Server: Hilsbury
Name: Isobel DeBrujah

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect View Post
I, too, never got 4 extra character slots. Even from day one. I don't think they 'pulled it back' or 'took it away'; I believe it never existed in the first place, even if they said that it did or would.
I've gotten the same information from everyone i've talked to in game. They never got their extra characters.

Last edited by Isobel : 03-08-2007 at 06:03 PM.

Isobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:31 PM   #7
HarmonyShidreth

Quote:
Well I know they posted when it first went up that you had to actually pay for the SA before it would kick in, so if you were still on your "free month" you wouldn't have had the 4 slots yet.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:33 PM   #8
HarmonyShidreth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookerith View Post
I remember it as well. It's very important that we don't let this issue subside in their eyes. Someone needs to be held accountable, and explain to the playerbase what their intentions are.
I am assuming that they will put this in, but they got stuck and couldnt get it in. But to just pertend like it was never there is just completely wrong. They should admit that they dropped it, offer a refund to anyone who bought SA for it and give an ETA (even if it is just a "we will do this as soon as we can") for when they can get the 4 slots activated.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:33 PM   #9
perfect
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonyShidreth View Post
Well I know they posted when it first went up that you had to actually pay for the SA before it would kick in, so if you were still on your "free month" you wouldn't have had the 4 slots yet.
Yeah, but I've had SA since MxO was bought by Sony. So, what?, like for two years?
Send a message via ICQ to perfect Send a message via AIM to perfect Send a message via MSN to perfect

I used to be somebody.

-p

Old 03-08-2007, 06:07 PM   #10
Reiver

March 02, was the first day of my Station Pass. And double XP weekend marked the Month, so everyone that started playing pre-realease due to pre-order should all be on the same page.

I'll let my last paragraph stand because its really how I feel. They think since they control the servers they control the game. hear this loud and clear, if you doubt the truth just go look at the population on the SWG servers. If we say don't scew us over and fill us full of lies we mean it. The player base is ALL you have. Disorinetate us with lies is not the way to go. I won't give much benifit of the doubt because there is NO effort on anyone with authority to do so to give us any type of word.

There is no official forums, we go to affiliates. If that is because of SOE contracts then seriosuly how do you expect this game to survive without any support?

This issue could easily be squelched if this game was handled in a more responcable manner

Old 03-08-2007, 06:16 PM   #11
Phaethor

Quote:
There is no official forums, we go to affiliates. If that is because of SOE contracts then seriosuly how do you expect this game to survive without any support?
Not sure, but this site may be able to help you out... Appears to be Official Vanguard SOE Forum

Best,

Phae

"There is, one knows not what sweet mystery about this sea, whose gently awful stirrings seem to speak of some hidden soul beneath" -- H. Mellville

Phaethor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:19 PM   #12
Talnayen

What do you expect from a company that has lied since its inception.

SOE has by far the worst CS in the history of MMO companies. The lie about everything to get an extra dime, thats why I hated when Vanguard went to SOE. I just hope Vanguard becomes a hit so maybe somehow VSOH can break away from these con artists.

Talnayen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:27 PM   #13
Grim1
Into the Volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talnayen View Post
What do you expect from a company that has lied since its inception.

SOE has by far the worst CS in the history of MMO companies. The lie about everything to get an extra dime, thats why I hated when Vanguard went to SOE. I just hope Vanguard becomes a hit so maybe somehow VSOH can break away from these con artists.
lol... heh....heheh..ha.. HA... HAHAHAHAHAH... (cough).. HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaaaaaaaaaa......

I've read that same post on every games forums since time began.

Grim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:56 PM   #14
Leatherneck

Quote:
I believe it never existed in the first place, even if they said that it did or would.
There is no doubt. They did say it.

Leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #15
perfect
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
There is no doubt. They did say it....
And there you have it. Thanks, Leatherneck.

I used to be somebody.

-p

Old 03-08-2007, 06:58 PM   #16
Kimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isobel View Post
I've gotten the same information from everyone i've talked to in game. They never got their extra characters.
I have the extra slots for EQ and EQ2 but not for VG. But I don't recall ever seeing it mentioned for VG myself.

Not that it matters, I have only used two of them.

But I do recall that when I upgraded way back when that they did not take effect until the new billing period, at the end of the normal subs.

- I never played WOW...

Kimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:01 PM   #17
Kimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim1 View Post
lol... heh....heheh..ha.. HA... HAHAHAHAHAH... (cough).. HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaaaaaaaaaa......

I've read that same post on every games forums since time began.
That is not true.

It was never on the CIV-IV forums.

- I never played WOW...

Kimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:35 PM   #18
Reiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaethor View Post
Not sure, but this site may be able to help you out... Appears to be Official Vanguard SOE Forum

Best,

Phae
Some of the names I see there are the same for all SOE forums. I don't feel its Sigil controlled at all.

Silkyvenom and Tentonhammer are the best places to look for answers and have more frequent responces.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:41 PM   #19
Ghostwise

Server: Florendyl (RP)
Name: Enderis Darkfall
Guild: Stormhaven

Quote:
Some of the names I see there are the same for all SOE forums. I don't feel its Sigil controlled at all.

Silkyvenom and Tentonhammer are the best places to look for answers and have more frequent responces.
The TSR's are the only ones that actually work for SOE as far as I know. They are on all the game forums.....and they know their way around tech issues. Elrar is the only red name I've seen on the official tech boards.

Ghostwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:43 PM   #20
capnjack

If you are a vanguard only subscriber, is it worth 30 bucks for 4 extra slots?

You would be better off starting two vanguard only accounts at 15 apiece for 16 slots, that covers all classes with one left over. Same price.

capnjack is offline   Reply With Quote