News    Guild    Options    More
Forums:   Guild,    Games,    Hardware,    Misc
Home 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

0 Forum Home > Silky Venom Guild Forums > Guild Lobby > Knaadehkc vnus Qryn Suuhte

Old 10-20-2005, 02:29 AM   #1
Xhar Moondi

Default Knaadehkc vnus Qryn Suuhte

This is sort of a hello post since I just registered for the forums (I've lurked a bit in the past). I'm really looking towards VG as a long term MMO for me. I've also been looking around, and have seen that SV is just the kind of community I want to be around, so I'm also looking towards the SV guild. Here are a few tidbits about my playstyle/past:

Previous MMOs:
  • EQOA (PS2): My first MMORPG which opened my eyes to this fantastic genre. About every aspect of the game was mediocre at best, but as many know, one's first MMO is a magical experience. Besides, it's the people that make the game in the long run.
  • Magic: The Gathering Online: Not what many would consider an MMO, but I totally do. I was really into the physical game years past, and the online version seemed like a natural progression. However, the pricing structure just never seemed to jive with me. I was very well to do (having much experience in serious sanctioned events), but Joe Random was always getting the short straw in the end. This became a turnoff for me, because again, MTG was more so about the people than it was about a game.
  • FFXI: This game was fun with the small group I played with, but I could never find the right kind of community to hang with. Even on "American" servers, the game felt used to me, and seemed like it was getting second hand support. Loved all the stupid fluff in this game though
  • SWG: Probably the most serious MMORPG for me to date. This game still has what I think is the most expansive player customization features. I loved PvP, and the big game hunting (mainly for uber lewts). Some of the things like decorating your house, and assembling an outfit was awesome. The crafting was also amazing; it really took time and patience to start cranking out large quantities of the good stuff, but when you did, you really made a name for yourself. I don't know what happened in the end really (my excuses always change), but I think I just "beat" this game. Towards the end, my crafts could only be topped by one or two other people, which in turn netted me almost unlimited currency, I had acquired phat lewt, lame hard to get decoration lewt (I actually won the Home Show one month for those of you who know what it is), had a maxed Jedi at disposal, did all the PvE content to death, was a regular to the PvP scene, etc. And I guess too many friends started dropping over to WoW and EQII visions at that time. One thing is for sure, I never regret the time I spent playing SWG, much sekret <3
  • EQII: I'm not going to even talk about this game because it was just not for me. One day I stopped dead in my tracks, and realized it was becoming a task playing the game, not an enjoyable experience. Sad too, I was even more excited and hyped for the game than I am for VG.
  • WoW: Being an MMO vet, this game didn't hold me very long at all. Some of my friends really enjoyed it, and still play, but I swear to god, it got to the point that I couldn't think of anything else to do in the game besides the routine raids. /quit
  • Consoles: I have 2 blockbuster game rental passes, nuff said. However, I will say that I'm having way too much fun with my NDS these days. A lot of the games are built for pure genuine fun you only remember seeing from the oldschool mix.
  • [=[_]=]
    [+[_]::] ftw!
What I want to be in VG:
  • With the limited info available, I'd say Dread Knight, possibly Inquisitor. However, depending where I wind up in a guild, and how expansive crafting really is, I could see myself being a full time crafter.
Playstyle:
  • MMORPG Vet, definitely hardcore, and don't forget I Support PvP (not the mindless kind)!
Hours:
  • For some reason the online college course I have seem to be way easier than onsite ones. idk, but I seem to have more hours than usual these days. At the moment I'm easy 40+ a week gaming. Don't work, and have weekends free, so hours are really flexible. That college scholarship is sweet as sin yeah
So enough ranting, I'm a gamer at heart, and can't wait to get in VG and tear it a new one! Feel free to PM, or message me if I'm on. Hope to cya'll around.
Send a message via AIM to Xhar Moondi Send a message via Yahoo to Xhar Moondi

Last edited by Xhar Moondi : 10-20-2005 at 02:34 AM.

Xhar Moondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:34 AM   #2
Havelock

Hiya Xhar! We have quite a bit in common in our MMO backgrounds. I too put more time into SWG than any MMO to date (though I think that's going to change in the relatively near future ). I played on Bloodfin, designated by SOE as the unofficial PvP server and home to a bunch of really unbalanced folks, at least until we all left for Archimonde on WoW, also full of a lot of unbalanced PvPers. A lot of them have gone back, which is funny. I'm also interested in the Inquisitor class, though not as much as Eclipse is.

Havelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:08 PM   #3
Xhar Moondi

I mainly played on Bria and Ahazi myself. There were a few wars with Bloodfin though. I also had a character on Arch, lvl60 shaman. He acutally didn't see much play, I just wanted to try the class because I was alliance with my guild on Blackrock.
Send a message via AIM to Xhar Moondi Send a message via Yahoo to Xhar Moondi

Xhar Moondi is offline   Reply With Quote