News    Guild    Options    More
Forums:   Guild,    Games,    Hardware,    Misc
Home 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

0 Forum Home > Silky Venom Guild Forums > Guild Lobby > So, where are you SV'ers? :)

Old 02-05-2010, 01:14 AM   #1
Nepenthia
Guild Officer

Server: Shidreth
Name: Lovi
Guild: Silky Venom

Default So, where are you SV'ers? :)

Hiya,

Today I was delighted to get a phone call from Wild and we spent an hour catching up with each other. While we were talking, we were asking each other about people who had been a part of Silky Venom and who had either moved on to other games or left online mmogs completely.

So, here's a thread for everyone who checks the Silky forums once in awhile and who wants to say hi. Where are you? What are you playing? What games are you looking at for the future?

I'm still enjoying Telon, still the most beautiful world I've been in. I dabbled a bit with Warhammer and hated the world and the gameplay. I've been dipping my toe into the waters of WoW and while there are plenty of quests to do, the world in general does not interest me and the art is still as bad as I remember from beta. Still, the questlines can be fun and playing with some old friends is fun too.

I've been watching for more information about Heroes of Telara ... hoping against hope that it will not focus on pvp and that it will make some gains on npc ai while still offering a fun fantasy environment.

No shoot-em-ups or spaceships for me in the future ... I love the fantasy genre and hope there will be another game in the future to enjoy. If it's an SOE game ... I'd think long and hard about ever playing it. In fact, the only reason I'd go play another Sony game is if a ton of people I knew were playing it and having fun and they were not doing microtransactions.

So there you are ... it's been 3 years since release and I am really glad I've had a chance to get to know so many people who were part of Silky Venom at one time or another. It'd be great to hear how you're doing.

Lovi

Nepenthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:25 AM   #2
Glipkerio
Guild Member

Sigil's Official Class Lead
Shaman

Name: Maye

I've been playing WoW with Shema and Wild. I have characters spread amongst all levels of nearly every class, mostly Alliance but a few Hordlings. WoW recently added cross-server pugs, which you might expect to just increase the likelihood of crappy groups, but I've had alot of luck with it. One of my favorite parts of MMOs is the dungeon delving, and this helps immensely in getting groups formed.

I try betas as they come along but I haven't found anything I've liked. Although some games are added innovative new features. For example, Mortal Online has added anatomically correct, nude character models to the game! /barf

I hope something comes of HoT, but I have a stronger feeling about Copernicus. R.A. Salvatore is scheduled to speak at GDC about world building in relation to their MMO. The company has been exceptionally tight-lipped about their game, but they have said that 2010 will be the year in which they start to discuss it with the public and this appears to be the start of that.

I have hopes for FFXIV, since FFXI was so good. The beta application for XIV is available on the SqEn site.

I upgraded my PC over Christmas and installed the Vanguard trial to test out the compy and say hello to everyone. But as it was during a holiday I only managed to catch up with Lovi. So "HI EVERYBODY".

Outside of the internetz, I've been exploring local restaurants, making food that is entirely too spicy and recovering from random attacks by my cat.

Glipkerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
Dedley
Guild Member

Hi Lovi, Hi Maye, Hey to all the rest of you.

I'm still enjoying the world in VG, although been missing a few nights here and there to play on the Xbox (Modern Warfare 2, Forza 3, Borderlands, Halo)

Maye, the other night I told Lovi about when you and I were grouped on alts and I was on my goblin bear shaman, Gnilda, and you told me I really needed to give my bear a name, so I named it Maye. LOL Still that name today.

Be safe everyone!!!

Dedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:46 PM   #4
Aranore

Name: Aranore Verdaan

Heya guys, this is matias formerly known as aranore. Hope yall are doing good. Doing pretty good myself.
be safe
-matias

Aranore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
Nepenthia
Guild Officer

Waves Aranore

Lovi

Old 02-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
tdewey10
Guild Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthia View Post
Waves Aranore

Lovi
Hi Lovi!

Surface here - not playing anything really. I'm actually debating resubbing and trying to level a new toon in VG but only if I can get a few ex-players to join in - I'd want to level in a static group to do dungeon content. So probably unlikely.

Hope all is well!

Surface/Trev

tdewey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:55 PM   #7
Nepenthia
Guild Officer

Heya Surface Nice to see you

It's hard to say whether you could find a static group to go through dungeon content from beginning levels. However, mentoring is in and you might find other like minded folks who would want to mentor down and explore content they missed on the way up.

Or, ahem ... what you might do, grin, is re-sub, find some folks new to VG to form a static group with and then bring them all into SV!!

Anyway, hope all is well with you

Lovi

Old 03-01-2010, 05:10 AM   #8
Csan Tran
Guild Member

Name: Csan Tran

Just came back from watching Shutter Island. Quite a twist but I won't spoil it for anyone. How's everyone doing? I see that Silky Venom is still running strong and I'm glad for that. I've been in my own world and doing many things with my friends and of course my girlfriend. As for gaming, I play when I can on my PS3 and I do play EQ2 also from time to time. It's amazing that there are so many MMOs out there now and so many more in the works. Anyways, just saying Hi to everyone. Take care all.

Csan

Csan Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #9
Jovena
Guild Initiate

Name: Areanna Treedove

Hey all,

I have been playing Fallen Earth and Star Trek! Nice to see people still around and having fun in whatever mmo they are doing. hugs
Send a message via ICQ to Jovena

Jovena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #10
Nepenthia
Guild Officer

Heya Csan and Areanna Nice to see that all is well with you both.

Lovi

Old 03-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #11
Fynn
Guild Initiate

Name: Fynroh Nytescryer

Forum burped on me ;p

Last edited by Fynn : 03-04-2010 at 06:28 PM.

Fynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #12
Fynn
Guild Initiate

Name: Fynroh Nytescryer

Hi kids

Good to see so many familiar faces lurking about!

Until a few months ago I was enjoying some of the all out skirmishing in Warhammer until it just sort of fell apart. I've been mostly playing Fallen Earth (taking my time) and a bit of Star Trek Online (which some folks have already maxed in just a few weeks). Just took a peek at Mortal the other day - development/forum is painfully reminiscent of VG - not holding my breath for the fabled miracle patch.

Waiting on the SW mmo/beta mostly.

Ok, there was a Fallout 3 phase and a Dragon Age binge - I admit it.
Oooh..lookey..a new Battlefield game.....and a lot of other stuff on the horizon...

You'ld think a retired monk would have more focus

Fynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #13
Cten
Guild Member

Name: Cten

Hello everyone,

How are things? I tried to pop over to Areanna's vent but it seems that it no longer belongs to her. So I thought I log into SV and send her PM when I saw Flynn's post.

Currently, I am playing Darkfall with a few others (Esco, Alleran, Nene, and Konti drops in to say hello from time to time) but it is starting to get a little old and the crafting is way to simple. I have been trying the beta release of Dawntide but the game is still in early stages or at least feels that way.

I am hoping SW has a little more to offer but only time can tell there.

Cten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:09 AM   #14
Dedley
Guild Member

It is great to see so many of you still keep an eye on the boards.
Great to "see" and hear from all of you.

Great post idea Lovi.

You guys talking about SW, am I correct is thinking you are refering to "The Old Republic"?

Dedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:31 AM   #15
Jovena
Guild Initiate

Name: Areanna Treedove

Been on the TOR forums since 08' can't wait for release, will drop everything else I am playing and focus on that one!

Suppose to be out early 2011 see what happens.

I am hoping they will incorporate some of what swg did right into the game.
Send a message via ICQ to Jovena

Jovena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:05 PM   #16
Nepenthia
Guild Officer

Hiya Fynn and Cten

It's cool to hear you all are finding gaming entertainment!

SV active membership is smaller now ... heh but we're still in Vanguard, which is no minor accomplishment for a guild. Luckily, we met some nice folks through raid alliances so we can go after large group and raid content.

Most of us are working on Pantheon trials. Some are at T2 and some still on T1. We've raided all the way through APW in alliance raids and have killed many of the overland mobs. We've done some at Garazamut too.

If any of you ( Surface! ) feel like spending some time in Vanguard, you'd be welcome. Just log in and say hi! While mentoring is only useful sub-50, there is quite a bit for a group to do to level from 50 to 55 and some of the raid target battles are interesting and fun.

Lovi

Old 03-08-2010, 10:49 AM   #17
Salvator

Still trying to find the holy grail of MMOs, if anyone even remembers me lol
Send a message via ICQ to Salvator Send a message via AIM to Salvator Send a message via Yahoo to Salvator Send a message via Skype™ to Salvator

Salvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #18
Nepenthia
Guild Officer

If you find it, Salvator, be sure to post it here first!!!

Lovi/Nep

Old 03-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #19
Traldan

Name: Traldan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvator View Post
Still trying to find the holy grail of MMOs, if anyone even remembers me lol
+1 to this! AOC and Aion were unsatisfying, and EQ2 is stale.

Traldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #20
tdewey10
Guild Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traldan View Post
+1 to this! AOC and Aion were unsatisfying, and EQ2 is stale.
Right now I'm looking at rifts (www.riftgame.com) It has former VG and WAR devs on it and is run by the former producer of EQ2.

We'll see what happens ;-) But maybe we can start an SV branch if the game turns out good.

Hope you are all having a great spring!

tdewey10 is offline   Reply With Quote