Originally Posted by Anomsuth
Howdy all, First post here and looking forward seeing the release of Vanguard.
I had a few questions I was wondering if anyone could answer so far as crafting goes.
1)The first would be , will the be any race or class specific type crafting for example like Gnomes get Tinkering in EQ1?
2) will there be guild specific type crafting projects for example , maybe a Guild Fountain made by guild craftsman that would allow you to fill up on a magic potion 1-2 times a week, maybe the items that could be used to build such an item could be gathered from "guild class raids" or quests.
3) I read in the faq's that there will be player owned housing and industrial areas for refining etc etc for crafting , does anyone know if you would be able to plant or grow your own rescources, Trees , food etc etc ?
4) This next question is more of an idea really but maybe someone can tell me if I'm just being foolish by asking anyway. Would it be possible build a guild owned "trophy Room" ? Let's take EQ 1 for example, if a person followed the course in the game you could have 2 dragon heads mounted on a wall ( Naggy and Vox) maybe toss in a Crown of Tormax in the corner on a plinthe then work your way up to King and queen of Chardok etc etc you get the idea. Then for each Trophy you obtain the guild as a whole would receive higher stats, or buffs etc.
5) Will there be any type of crafting quests ? Like gathering or creating items to sell to quest Npc's ? I know most of us come here to escape from work and the real world, but anyone that has read the WoT series can't help think what it would be like to be Doman Bayle smuggling in goods or trading cargo for a nice profit, I admit I love the hack and slash as much as the next person, but it would be nice to roleplay through other avenues as well .
Welp thanks for reading.
1) Nope, any class/race has the freedom to select any of the crafting trades.
We don't want to limit you based on whatever class or race you decided.
5) Crafting quests? Absolutely.